This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

45 man sngs, 18 man sngs or nl sss?

• Janust
      Janust
      Bronze
      At the moment I'm playing on PokerStars. My bankroll is 40 $. I'm currently trying to find out what is most profitable. I'm hesitating between three options.
      - 45 man turbo sngs. 1.1$ BI
      - 18 man turbo sngs. 1.75$ BI
      - NL10 SSS

I know that my bankroll ain't any good, but I need some advices on what to play!
      Advices about other games I can play would be great too.

Yours cincerely, Janust
  • 4 replies
    • MrMardyBum
      MrMardyBum
      Bronze
      Yeah you're right. Your bankroll is shot ;)

I'm just cruising while waiting for a reply so....

SSS @ NL10 = 20 Buyins (Best option IF you can play cash)

Any MTT = Probably out of the question, 100 buyins is the standard and the variance will eat that bankroll in a day.

My personal advice....

IF you have proven history of beating cash games then playing NL2 BSS would be the most conservative option.

Or, NL5 playing SSS until you hit $50 then goto NL10. (SSS is fast becoming outlawed, My advice learn BSS).

On the flip side if you are NOT a great cash player (A lot of people aren't... Be honest with yourself) then hit the $1 Turbo SnG 9 man until you can build a roll. Or slower but more sure way to builds a roll DoN's they have $1 one's on Stars
    • Janust
      Janust
      Bronze
      Okay, thanks for the advices. Maybe trying a few DoN's would be the best option for me, as I can't find any turbo 9 man sngs at stars(1$). Turbo or normal tho? Got any good reading material for DoN's?

If I however choose to play NL2 BSS tho. How much do I buyin for? The limits on stars are 0.80$ to 5$. :p
    • mata123
      mata123
      Bronze
      buy in for 2$... it's the best for your roll,and for the strategy you intend to use
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Silver
      no no and no