[NL2-NL10] 0.02/0.05 KJo flop play

• MoreBeat
      MoreBeat
      Bronze
      My first post, so let me just say HI first :)

And this is the hand im wondering about :

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:
      Play hand
      $0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Known players:
      BU:
      $2.23
      SB:
      $6.64
      BB:
      $5.13
      UTG1:
      $6.44
      UTG2:
      $10.19
      MP1:
      $6.69
      MP2:
      $4.24
      MP3 (Hero):
      $2.49
      CO:
      $4.58

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with J, K.
      4 folds, Hero raises to $0.15, CO calls $0.15, 3 folds.

Flop: ($0.37) 4, 6, T (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.37, Hero calls $0.37.

Turn: ($1.11) K (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $1.11, Hero raises to $1.97, CO calls $0.86.

River: ($5.05) Q (2 players)

Final Pot: $5.05.

Im not sure about the call on the flop, seems a bit to big for a draw, but since i had that + two overcards, i thought id could work out..
  • 5 replies
    • kozzaki
      kozzaki
      Bronze
      Hi
      cbet flop
    • frzl
      frzl
      Bronze
      hi morebeat and welcome to the forum :)

first of all this is a no limit hand and this is the fl section :D . i will ask a moderator to move it.

second the thread title says KJo but it´s suited (doesn´t really matter because anybody can see it but i still wanted to mention it :D )

i´m not a no limit player but it would definately c-bet this flop. against a raise i would go broke i guess because his range should be pretty wide and you have a flushdraw, two overcards and a backdoor straightdraw. furthermore you don´t have a full stack (the max buy in is 5$?). you should always try to rebuy to the maximum when you are playing BSS.
    • MoreBeat
      MoreBeat
      Bronze
      my first post and ive already did everything wrong. :)

cbet flop then.. i was thinking my hand wasnt good enough on the flop and i didnt want to get raised (guess i was wrong here as well).

thanks for everything and ill try to post it correctly next time. :]
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Thread moved.

Not a problem MoreBeat, Don't let it put you off of posting, you're doing fine and will soon pick up the different forum boards etc.

Will leave the judge to assess the hand now, best regards,

Bart
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Rebuy to 100bb.

On the flop you should usually just c-bet and only worry about getting raised when and if it happens. With only 40bb behind and 2 overs with the 2nd nut flushdraw most likely I'm just shoving over a raise, it's possible for him to have a worse flushdraw, straight draw or something like QT against which we're still close to flipping. Given that you only have 50bb, I don't mind check/shoving on CO either if you think there is a good chance he will stab with a wide range in position when checked to.

As played on the turn chances are you have both the best hand and the best draw unless he has KT or a set, so really you can't go wrong per se. The more villain will continue to bet his bluffs/Tx/draws himself, the better you are checking to him. The more you think he'll give up bluffs and/or check behind draws/Tx for free cards/pot control, the better off you are just leading out.

Hope it helps.