time of day best for tournament activity

• johnylasvegas1
      johnylasvegas1
      Bronze
      hey guys. i am new to pacific poker. I have been playing mostly cash game nl. 15 cent 30 cent nl with a bankroll of 200$. I buy in short stack strategy with 8$ and i have been doing well. Before pacific poker i was playing lots of full tilt and had awesome sng and tourney stats on there. I like turbo sngs and tourneys. I like to play tourneys around 11 and midnite eastern time zone in canada. i was wondering when the tourneys tend to fill up with more players? and What tourneys do you guys think is the weakest? I have found it relatively easy to find the fish and the regulars on pacific :]
  • 4 replies
    • johnylasvegas1
      johnylasvegas1
      Bronze
      such nice people around here... no one responded to my msg lol
    • kamojett
      kamojett
      Bronze
      I'm guessing no one responded because not many play at Pacific. The only good thing I've heard about this poker room is there is "supposedly" lots of fish. Well in my opinion there's not "lots" of anything. I mostly play SnGs up to $8 buy ins. And I find playing at random times between 12pm and 4am Atlantic 7 days a week I regularly have to wait for 10 people to fill the table. Sometimes I have to wait 20 mins which may not be much, but I don't have all day for poker. And I'm not very happy about spending my limited poker time waiting for tables to fill.

I personally would not recommend Pacific Poker to any of my friends. And as soon as I find a Poker room I like I will be moving my BR. From reading the forums it seems that the cons outnumber the pros when it comes to Pacific.

Also a tip for anyone looking for a new room... the Poker Strategy Poker Rooms List does not list the most popular or the best poker rooms at the top of the list. Read the reviews and read the forums before choosing.
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      For cashgame it is not so bad. New software is pretty good and it doesnt crash any more.

But for SNG and tourneys this site is really a disastrous one. I also choose Pacific for my first starting capital and it was pretty hard playing SSS since there is just few FR tables. But i was patient and i played enough even to get additional 100$. It was worth.

Next hack on Pacific is first deposit bonus which is almost impossible to clear.

U need to collect 4000 bonus points to clear. With NL50 it is almost impossible to clear it so u have to play at least NL100 to clear those 400$ of first deposit bonus.

But there is a story about lot of fishes.

Can please anyone tell me who played in a lot of different sites if on Pacific is really more fishes. I ve been playing just on pacific so far i even dont know players on other sites. Is really a different game there?
    • NiceDraw
      NiceDraw
      Bronze
      I have to confirm, on Pacific there are just way mor fishes than anywhere else.

I don't pretend to be a great player, but I have been beating NL100 with 6.5BB/100hands over 20'000 hands. You may say this is not a large enough sample to be sure whether I'm not just running hot or anything, but I can definitely tell you that the game is tougher on Stars and FT.

You obviously have your regs who pretty much know what they're doing (as far as anyone at NL100 knows what they're doing), but if you focus on spotting them when choosing tables, then you can easily avoid them or take position on them, as there are quite rarely more than 2 at every table simulteanously.

I'm not saying it's a certain win if you play on Pacific, but it sure feels easier to me than other sites!