$4.62
      MP3:
      $2.78
      CO (Hero):
      $4.27
      BU:
      $5.56

Preflop: Hero is CO with A, K.
      MP3 posts deadblind, 2 folds, MP1 raises to $0.08, MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0.04, Hero raises to $0.32, BU folds, SB calls $0.30, BB folds, MP1 calls $0.24, MP3 folds.

Flop: ($1.08) A, Q, 9 (3 players)
      SB bets $0.84, MP1 calls $0.82, Hero ??.

Final Pot: $3.58.
      do you raise here ? or fold or call?
      I want hear your opinions with reason :D
  • 4 replies
    • cutegoldfish
      cutegoldfish
      Bronze
      hi,

what could SB have? calling a re-raise from the SB really looks bad. ill guess he has things like Ax and a occasional pocket pair. is SB usually aggressive? if he is aggressive u can give less credit to his raise on the flop. in general you beat his range.

what could MP1 have? he raised preflop, likely to be holding AK/AQ/AJ and TT+. most of the range which you beat.

seeing that we are both ahead of SB and MP1, and that one of them is likely to hold on to a worse Ace, on a moderately drawy board, i like bet/shove. i would think they are going to call with worse aces.

we are most of the time ahead of thier aces except occasional 2 pairs with thier Ax in this case A9 or AQ, and occasional sets.
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      Im folding here. Sb leadin out on tbe flop n gettig called by mp, your tptk is hardly gg to improve against ur opponents.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

MP1's hand is irrelevant, only things that matters about him is that he's in the pot and whether SB is aware of that.

Since you're the only one who played with SB, only you can answer that question. Either he's really bad for coldcalling 3-bet out of position and can lead there with a wide range that we beat, or he's really strong preflop and will show up with the likes of AA/QQ/99/AQs when he donks that drawy a board into both the preflop raiser and the shortstacked fish. In the case scenario we want to shove for value, in the second scenario we could find what some people would consider a tight fold.

Pick one based on what you've seen so far and the number of tables he's playing if you get your hands on that, stick with it and move on. That's all poker is about, if you don't pick up enough reads, you're likely not paying enough attention.

Hope it helps.
    • daisuke3823
      daisuke3823
      Bronze
      thank you guys :D
      these nice answers helped me a lot :evil:
      thank you for answering :D