Poker/Life on Neuro-enhancing drugs

• silent21
      silent21
      Global
      Neuro-enhancers, also referred to as smart drugs, memory enhancers, and cognitive enhancers, are drugs, supplements, nutraceuticals, and functional foods that are purported to improve mental functions such as cognition, memory, intelligence, motivation, attention, and concentration

Brandon Adams, a Harvard professor at Harvard and a high stakes poker player speaks about using neuro-enhancers.

Neuroenhancers and High stakes poker

CBS article on Neuroenhancers

What is Adderall - full video / Wiki

What is your opinion? Do you think using neuroenhancers is +EV in poker/life. DO you think it is ethic?

Discuss
  • 14 replies
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
    • martizzo
      martizzo
      Bronze
      I prefer natural like white tea, green tea, red tea, Pu-erh, coffee & others. Also JOHNY blunt is good for calmness.
    • gormless
      gormless
      Silver
      I think it's probably -EV on life expectancy.
    • nibbana
      nibbana
      Bronze
      Adderall/Ritalin is for noobs. Try meth, do things the Agassi way
    • irregularity
      irregularity
      Bronze
      Originally posted by martizzo
      I prefer natural like white tea, green tea, red tea, Pu-erh, coffee & others. Also JOHNY blunt is good for calmness.
      I have tried green tea once or twice, wasn't a massive fan of the taste, never tried the others, apart from coffee, which I now drink quite a lot as it helps ease/remove my migranes.

Migranes 200% -ev
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      I DO COCAINE!!!

• nibbana
      nibbana
      Bronze
      Originally posted by irregularity
      Originally posted by martizzo
      I have tried green tea once or twice, wasn't a massive fan of the taste, never tried the others, apart from coffee, which I now drink quite a lot as it helps ease/remove my migranes.

Migranes 200% -ev
      Yogi Tea is where it's at as far as Tea is concerned - Yogi Tea: Egyptian Licorice
    • kosmonaut111
      kosmonaut111
      Bronze
      Well amphetamine has neuroenchancing effect (adderall is pretty much amphetamine), but the concentrations used there are too small to actually do anything special. Maybe it has some effect (if not actual effect, than placebo for sure:D ). Also your long term EV becomes negative.
      And if you dont have diagnosis of ADHD or smth, you have really hard time to get this drug. Buying amphetamine from streets is easier :D .

Also a quote from my pharmacology book:
      Pay heed to the awful warning of the medical student who, it is said, having taken copious amounts of dextroamphetamine, left the examination hall in confident mood, having spent 3 hours writing his name over and over again.

Ofcourse it is impossible to get these amounts with legal medications.

And Brandon Adams is smart, but more like mathematics, not medicine :D
    • irregularity
      irregularity
      Bronze
      Originally posted by nibbana

Yogi Tea is where it's at as far as Tea is concerned - Yogi Tea: Egyptian Licorice
      I tried to find a dealer using the locator, was an epic fail as it seems to think there is no world outside of America :D
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      I've heard that lots of students in my uni take Speed just before the exams to study. I have no idea why.

I teach there and know for a fact that the exams are so easy, its almost impossible to fail unless you're a retard.
    • nibbana
      nibbana
      Bronze
      Originally posted by irregularity

I tried to find a dealer using the locator, was an epic fail as it seems to think there is no world outside of America :D
      The sell it at Co-op if you are in the UK ! Or a lot of health food shops or even on Amazon

PS Mod - is it against the rules to post these links ? If so many apologies
    • Berzerger
      Berzerger
      Bronze
      I've tried the majority of psychoactives and I can say it's best to avoid all of them. You don't want to rely on drugs to perform well. Do them in your spare time. Personally though, meth has worked best for me, but it's hard to cook and bitching difficult to buy where I live.
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Why take medication when all of those things can be improved with only a bit of effort anyway which in turn will make you feel better when you accomplish something because you have worked for it. Things as simple as eating healthily can improve concentration and motivation beyond belief then the rest is easy. any fun while you do it
    • irregularity
      irregularity
      Bronze

The sell it at Co-op if you are in the UK ! Or a lot of health food shops or even on Amazon

PS Mod - is it against the rules to post these links ? If so many apologies
      Thanks, there is a Co-Op up the road, I will have a look.