$3.95
      UTG2:
      $10.00
      MP1:
      $10.62
      MP2:
      $16.70

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with J, J.
      2 folds, MP2 raises to $0.25, Hero raises to $0.90, CO folds, BU calls $0.90, 2 folds, MP2 calls $0.65.

Flop: ($2.85) 5, 8, 5 (3 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero bets $1.70, BU folds, MP2 calls $1.70.

Turn: ($6.25) 3 (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero checks.

River: ($6.25) 9 (2 players)
      MP2 bets $2.50, Hero calls $2.50.

Final Pot: $11.25.

should i have bet the turn? that way i would make the pot a little too big for my hand?

could i have folded that river bet? are there enough worse hands that could make a bet in that position?
  • 3 replies
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      Lol, Im gg all in asap, makes no sense to 3bet, n then get scared to ship it in with ur flop n holdings. If u dont dare to ship such boards, what boards then u go all in? When u hit the j?? Then u should 3bet every other pp n hope to hit set. I really dont like the way u check the turn n bet on he river whem flush completes.
    • TetraQuark
      TetraQuark
      Bronze
      pushing the turn is the way... fishes will pay u off with fd, overpairs and sometimes even with AQ+ often enough to make this move +ev...
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by Gregor86
      pushing the turn is the way... fishes will pay u off with fd, overpairs and sometimes even with AQ+ often enough to make this move +ev...
      This. That's basically the worst card in the deck on the river since he boats up 99, and make both the 76 straight and all heart flushes. If you're going to call a bet on the worst river card ever against villain's betting range, you're clearly better off betting the blank turn card instead to get value out of his check/calling range which is going to be much weaker.

One small concern tho, if MP2 is a tag it's possible that he sometimes does not 4-bet KK+ to keep BU in the pot, even if most of the time he'll end up raising your flop c-bet with those hands. Probably not that relevant here, but something to keep in mind.

Hope it helps.