[NL2-NL10] NL5 AQo in SB

• MoreBeat
      MoreBeat
      Bronze
      hi, its me again, with a new hand.
      funny, i just realised i had the same hand in the same position as in the prevoius hand i posted (useless fact). =)

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      SB (Hero):
      $4.64
      BB:
      $3.75
      UTG1:
      $7.90
      UTG2:
      $2.07
      MP1:
      $3.74
      MP2:
      $3.40
      MP3:
      $4.44
      CO:
      $4.80
      BU:
      $5.00

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, Q.
      2 folds, MP1 raises to $0.15, 4 folds, Hero calls $0.13, BB calls $0.10.

Flop: ($0.45) 2, 9, T (3 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks, MP1 checks.

Turn: ($0.45) 7 (3 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks, MP1 checks.

River: ($0.45) Q (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.30, BB raises to $3.60(All-In), MP1 folds, Hero folds, BB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.75.

(haha, same question as well)
      should i have called the river?

i hate this "goingAIontheriver" raise. he could have three of a kind and was just waiting for someone to bet. at least thats what i thought.
      i wasnt showing THAT much strength (or any for that matter), so if he really had a better hand, he should have just raised normally and get more money from me, because id probably call.
  • 2 replies
    • DecMate
      DecMate
      Bronze
      Preflop: I would 3bet here. You're going to be out of position and the non agressor if you just opt to call, putting you in check/fold mode if you miss the flop.
      Flop: Good. Since you just called i don't mind the check, and it's suspicious that he checks after raising pre.
      Turn: i'm now check/folding to any bet.
      River: Good. The lead is basic, you hit top pair top kicker but after he over shoves there is no point in risking your stack to guess what he has. More times then not he will show you a slow played set or aces here.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I don't mind either way preflop, I'm a little more inclined to flat just because BB doesn't look like a good player based on stack size alone and we don't know how light MP1 would call a 3-bet, so I'm fine just trying to get into a pot with 2 bad players for the time being.

Flop and turn checks are fine, I wouldn't read too much into MP1 checking back T92 2t, the fact is it's a pretty bad board for a standard MP1 open raising range, it might just mean he has nothing, or if he's bad maybe he doesn't c-bet all that much overall.

River valuebet lead is standard, and when he jams frankly it's just not worth finding out what the hell he's doing. A lot of bad players these days have that "well I have the nuts, I'll just overbet jam and hope somebody calls" mentality. Until I see more from him I'll just let those spots go, if he's really doing that frequently with marginal hands we'll pick up on it soon enough.

Hope it helps.