My way to Vegas

• tazn
      tazn
      Bronze
      First of all, im not writing this in the blog section because im not going to have updates about my play and stuff like that. I'll maybe start a blog later. I want to know if you guys think it's possible for me to earn 10-15k usd in two years. Lets say im playing an average of 1 hour a day (I mean if I'm going to play MTT's, I wont be able to play every day).
      I think I need 10-15k usd because Las Vegas is a loong way from home, and when I first get there, i'm having it the good way.

Im currently on the micro/low limits, playing turbo sng, mtt and super turbos. My bankroll is 200$.

Do you think I will it?
      Do you have any suggestions?
      I want to hear all your thoughts.

Sorry for my english.
  • 9 replies
    • Atoks
      Atoks
      Bronze
      Highly unlikely with ur projected volume and BR. With a 200$ BR u could at best play 1$ tournies and even then the risk of u going bust is pretty high. Anything above the 1$ buyin rule will likely bust u within 100 games. Even the most experienced poker players would have a tough time building up 15k$ from 200$ with MTTs only.

I'm not trying to put u down but I play MTTs daily so I know what the variance can be like. From my experience u stand no chance, unless u commit to 1$ games and a solid BRM, then take it from there. GL anyway!
    • tazn
      tazn
      Bronze
      Thank you for your answer Atoks.
      If not MTT's, do you think it'll be better to focus on SNG and maybe Super Turbo's then?
    • MrPavlos
      MrPavlos
      Global
      build with 2.20/4.40-180 mans a 1k roll and then start playin mtt's in the 1-10$ range

and even at 1k go on with 2.20's,4.40's and maybe even a few 12$ ones 180 mans and mix em up with mtt's
    • Atoks
      Atoks
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tazn
      Thank you for your answer Atoks.
      If not MTT's, do you think it'll be better to focus on SNG and maybe Super Turbo's then?
      It's not really relevant what kind of poker u play as long as u enjoy it. U've made a very big goal for ur small bankroll and it'll take lots of time and patience achieving the kind of success ur after. I'd advise u to play any game that u enjoy learning about. It's possible to build 200$ into however much money u'll want, but u'll have to invest as much time into learning and improving as in playing. U should seriously consider putting more time into poker if u are serious about the 15k$. Otherwise it's likely not gonna happen.
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      just come this year!
    • Berzerger
      Berzerger
      Bronze
      Not sure about MTTs, but with cash games it's doable given you're dedicated and have a lot of time to play. However, this Vegas plan of yours got me thinking what you're planning on doing with that money, and I sincerely hope you're not going to waste it on WSOP main event or something.
    • lessthanthreee
      lessthanthreee
      Bronze
      you can definitely build 10-15k from your BR playing casually if you work hard on your game and make a solid effort out of game to improve.

its definitely achievable
    • antonio47211
      antonio47211
      Bronze
      surely achievable, just will take 3 - 4 years with planned volume
    • tazn
      tazn
      Bronze
      Thx alot for all the feedbacks!

Berzerger:
      I am not going for the main event, I'm not by far good enough for that. I need the money because it's a long way to travel and Im looking for some fun (gambling, party and stuff like that).
      You say there's a better chance with cash games, why, more steady income?

Lessthanthreee:
      I can see you have a SNG blog, and you say it's definitely achievable. Do you mean its achievable from SNG play or cashgame play, or possible from either one?