worth playing SSS or not?

• Sinnology
      Sinnology
      Global
      Hello guys!
      Since most of pokeroom raised their buy ins for the table, I wonder if there is still way to play profitable SSS?
      I got some extra money one bet365 and decided to try SSS there, but since they set their lowest buyin at 30BB I wonder if it still makes sense to play SSS on those tables?

Any feedback would be great.

Best Regards
  • 11 replies
    • mishkagg
      mishkagg
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Sinnology
      but since they set their lowest buyin at 30BB I wonder if it still makes sense to play SSS on those tables?
      Hey!

As the SSS preflop ranges are developed for a buyin of 20bb it wouldn't make sense to play them when the buy in is 30bb.

I suppose there is going to be a strategy for 30bb buyin, they just have to tweak the preflop ranges in some way.

Until then find a room that has 20bb min buy in or learn a new format.
    • Sinnology
      Sinnology
      Global
      THx a lot.
      I am in doubt now, to choose between SNG or BSS!
      I had some previous success with SNG and know basics, but am tempted to choose BSS.
      What do you guys think its more profitable ?
    • Berzerger
      Berzerger
      Bronze
      BSS. You'll end up playing it sooner or later.
    • mishkagg
      mishkagg
      Bronze
      Yup, try playing full stack.

Success in SNGs is measured after you play at least 2000 tourneys. Then you're going to have a close idea on your real current ROI.

I've played like 1500 sngs with 7% ROI and I was like 20 bi above EV. Some people play like 3000 per month and are 50 bi below EV. The variance there is immense and weekly swings of like 15 bi were something usual. Save yourself the nerves and try playing full stack.
    • taavi1337
      taavi1337
      Bronze
      Is the variance higher in SNG's than in FL SH?
    • funktor
      funktor
      Bronze
      I think it really does not matter which game you play... you will be furstrated by variance every time... does not matter what you play - SNG, NLHE, FLHE, PLO... SH/FR...

The most important think is positive mind set and proper bankroll management.

Suggested bankroll considerations at Pokerstartegy are minimum bankroll consideration. If you plan stay at same level (not building BR any more) I would suggest double to triple bankroll requirements for yourself.

It allows you to play confortably without fear going broke or down.

Regards

Funktor
    • PetterG2
      PetterG2
      Bronze
      The holdem game with lowest variance is FR bss.

No matter what you chose, just remember proper BRM, and you will be fine no matter what you play (assuming you are a winning player ofc.)

edit: forgot DoNs, which probably have the lowest variance, but I didn't count that in since it's like watching paint dry, or watching a TV that is turned off.
    • degre
      degre
      Bronze
      Originally posted by PetterG2
      edit: forgot DoNs, which probably have the lowest variance, but I didn't count that in since it's like watching paint dry, or watching a TV that is turned off.
      Uh!?

What's DoNs?
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Double or Nothings Sit-and-gos
    • degre
      degre
      Bronze
      Oh dear... not those....

thanks Gerv for solving the acronym.
    • kenthmp
      kenthmp
      Bronze
      Watching offed TV and paint dry normally won't make you money, playing DONs will...