A question regarding the Step tickets

• LetchLord
      LetchLord
      Bronze
      Hey guys

I read in the Full Tilt site that we can use any ticket for step 3 and above to buy in to any tournament with an equivalent buy-in amount. They have an example with Step 5 ticket worth $216, you can buy in to any $200 + $16 tournament.

However, let's say I have a step 3 ticket ($26) and I want to register for the MiniFTOPS #1, which costs $20+$2. Do you think I'll be able to use that ticket to play the MiniFTOPs #1 event, and if so, what would happen with the remaining $4?

Please, if anyone has tried, let me know.

Thanks,
  • 4 replies
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi LetchLord,

No, you can only enter a tournament of the same value.

There are usually other satellites into the miniFTOPS events though.

Best regards,

Bart
    • LetchLord
      LetchLord
      Bronze
      Thanks for the quick reply, EagleStar

I kind of expected you'll answer here :) I was indeed going to ask you in your blog, but decided not to SPAM there.

Back to my question - I was actually directed to the Steps page, from the MiniFTops page at Full Tilt's site - http://www.fulltiltpoker.com/mini-full-tilt-online-poker-series

Steps Tournaments
      Full Tilt Poker’s Steps Tournaments give players the chance to win their Tournament Entry fee for MiniFTOPS XVI events, starting with Step 1 Tournaments for as little as $3.30. Play your way to the next step or buy in directly at any step you.

So I was wondering, how would we win our Tournament Entry fees for MiniFtops events via steps, when the Tournaments buy ins don't match the steps values.

I just wanted to check if anyone has tried that for the FTOPS events or any other tourneys. I can go ahead and ask Full Tilt, but their support really sucks and I don't expect a reasonable response in the next few days.
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      lol no problem, but thanks ;)

Hmmm I see your point, think perhaps it is a support question to be honest. I looked at a FTOPS & miniFTOPS event the other day and the ticket option was greyed out (I still have a couple of tickets from my trial steps prior to starting the challenge).

Maybe they would manually accept a $26 token for a $22 event and provide you with $4T in return, but that kind of sucks too.

Let us know how you get on my friend. I can add any info on the Full Tilt FAQ &/or Rakeback FAQ stickies for future ref.

Best regards,

Bart
    • LetchLord
      LetchLord
      Bronze
      As I keep reading through Full Tilt's site, it does say: Steps Tournaments award Tournament Tickets to the relevant level, based on where you finish. Use these tickets to buy in to your next Steps Tournament until you crack the top prize.

So if they award Tournament Tickets, basically we can only register for the Tournament if the buy in is equal in value to the amount of the ticket.

Just checked the MiniFTOPs schedule and there are only 3 tournaments out of 30 which buy in matches the amount of step tickets values (2*$26 tournaments and 1*$75 - the Main event). I guess they can clarify further on their website that one can only qualify for 3 specific MiniFTOPS tournaments through the Steps.

I've contacted FT's support about this, but they just sent me a template e-mail regarding the Tournament tickets... I sent them another e-mail, but I don't really expect anything...

Anyways, I guess I'll hit the other satelites for the MiniFTOPS events.

Best of luck everybody!