This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl10Sh J J

• Alex147Eddie
      Alex147Eddie
      Bronze
      PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (5 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (SB) ($10.79)
      BB ($6.96)
      UTG ($14.98)
      MP ($18.57)
      Button ($9.80)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J, J
      UTG bets $0.40, MP calls $0.40, Button calls $0.40, Hero raises to $2, 3 folds, Button calls $1.60

Flop: ($4.90) 2, K, A (2 players)
      Hero checks, Button checks

Turn: ($4.90) 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.70, 1 fold

Total pot: $4.90 | Rake: $0.24
  • 2 replies
    • Eminescu500
      Eminescu500
      Bronze
      I think squeezing here w/ jacks is wrong. I will go for a call and move on from there.

As played imo you should try and check it down, see a free showdown, make a note about his cards and be happy to take it down. You just make lower PP to flop, i think queens would 3bet preflop, so basically your turning your hand into a bluff. You just get called by better hands ( which we don't wanna see ) and make weaker hands fold ( which we don't wanna see ), so imo it's a lose-lose situation.

Hope it helps and it's ok :)
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by Eminescu500
      I think squeezing here w/ jacks is wrong. I will go for a call and move on from there.

As played imo you should try and check it down, see a free showdown, make a note about his cards and be happy to take it down. You just make lower PP to flop, i think queens would 3bet preflop, so basically your turning your hand into a bluff. You just get called by better hands ( which we don't wanna see ) and make weaker hands fold ( which we don't wanna see ), so imo it's a lose-lose situation.

Hope it helps and it's ok :)
      Sounds fine.

Preflop MP and BU will very rarely continue against your squeeze and if they do it'll be because MP flatted QQ+ to begin with for some reason. If UTG 4-bets you you're usually up against AK at the very least, most likely QQ+ that crushes you. I don't hate the squeeze if you've some read that MP or BU or both are fishy enough to call/call there with garbage and stack off with anything postflop, but if they're regular it just won't happen.

Postflop it turns out BU did call/call for some reason, and the flop is obviously horrible. When he checks back the flop I don't think you can take out every Ax hand from his range yet, certainly he can have stuff like KQ that won't fold to a single turn bet if he was stubborn enough to not even fold to the squeeze. QQ is pretty unlikely for him to not squeeze himself preflop and just call a squeeze. I just think you're not bluffing him off anything we don't beat and he has given any indication that he's interested in betting himself, chances are we see a showdown and win against 88-TT by checking it down.

Hope it helps.