[NL2-NL10] Nl10Sh J J

• Alex147Eddie
      Alex147Eddie
      Bronze
      PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (5 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (SB) ($10.79)
      BB ($6.96)
      UTG ($14.98)
      MP ($18.57)
      Button ($9.80)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J, J
      UTG bets $0.40, MP calls $0.40, Button calls $0.40, Hero raises to $2, 3 folds, Button calls $1.60

Flop: ($4.90) 2, K, A (2 players)
      Hero checks, Button checks

Turn: ($4.90) 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.70, 1 fold

Total pot: $4.90 | Rake: $0.24
  • 2 replies
    • Eminescu500
      Eminescu500
      Bronze
      I think squeezing here w/ jacks is wrong. I will go for a call and move on from there.

As played imo you should try and check it down, see a free showdown, make a note about his cards and be happy to take it down. You just make lower PP to flop, i think queens would 3bet preflop, so basically your turning your hand into a bluff. You just get called by better hands ( which we don't wanna see ) and make weaker hands fold ( which we don't wanna see ), so imo it's a lose-lose situation.

Hope it helps and it's ok :)
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by Eminescu500
      I think squeezing here w/ jacks is wrong. I will go for a call and move on from there.

As played imo you should try and check it down, see a free showdown, make a note about his cards and be happy to take it down. You just make lower PP to flop, i think queens would 3bet preflop, so basically your turning your hand into a bluff. You just get called by better hands ( which we don't wanna see ) and make weaker hands fold ( which we don't wanna see ), so imo it's a lose-lose situation.

Hope it helps and it's ok :)
      Sounds fine.

Preflop MP and BU will very rarely continue against your squeeze and if they do it'll be because MP flatted QQ+ to begin with for some reason. If UTG 4-bets you you're usually up against AK at the very least, most likely QQ+ that crushes you. I don't hate the squeeze if you've some read that MP or BU or both are fishy enough to call/call there with garbage and stack off with anything postflop, but if they're regular it just won't happen.

Postflop it turns out BU did call/call for some reason, and the flop is obviously horrible. When he checks back the flop I don't think you can take out every Ax hand from his range yet, certainly he can have stuff like KQ that won't fold to a single turn bet if he was stubborn enough to not even fold to the squeeze. QQ is pretty unlikely for him to not squeeze himself preflop and just call a squeeze. I just think you're not bluffing him off anything we don't beat and he has given any indication that he's interested in betting himself, chances are we see a showdown and win against 88-TT by checking it down.

Hope it helps.