DaPhunk Blog 2! - Hot Women pictures + Me playing guitar.

• DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Hi everyone, the title of this blog pretty much explains my goal here, but first allow me to introduce myself to those of you who don't know me.

My name is Mark, aka DaPhunk. I am a former Diamond SSS Multitabler Mass-Grinder turned NL BSS Player. You can find my old blog here; Clicky!

Brief history; After my pretty successful stint playing NL100 BSS on Party in September I switched back to SSS to grind out a bonus I had my eye on. I then cashed out everything and deposited $600 on FTP. (No Idea how much I made on Party but I ground out 4 $3k Buy-A-Bonus rewards on the Loyalty system so as to give you an idea)

I can summarise FTP Like this;
      Feeling good, playing good, Running good up to January 20th or sometime ----> Looong Brake Till end of Ski Season.

When I start playing again in Late in the Season;
      -----> Rush Poker tilts me, makes me start Feeling bad,
      -----> Start Playing bad, Running Bad.
      ----->Take Shot at NL50 --> Went bad.
      ----->Trying to play normally at NL25 --> Went Worse.
      -----> Tried to 16 Table NL10 SH to get more enjoyment out of the game ---> Went even worse.

My graph for All Hands on FTP looks like this;

Aaaaand My last session (16 Tabling NL10 SH for fun) looks like this;

Well, I've decided due to these shocking recent results that I've somehow turned myself into a losing player even at NL10 WTF? So I need an action plan to turn this around, and it goes thus;

Learn How to Play Or Quit Poker. Simple Challenge to achieve this;
      [*]Give myself $300 buffer before quitting
      [*]Play NL10 till I feel I can win again
      [*]NO BRM, (I CBA with NL5) Just quit If I lose 30 stacks. Its that simple.
      [*]If I can't take this challenge seriously and re-learn how to win, then I have obviously lost enough interest in poker that I will never beat mid/high stakes and there is no point wasting my time on it.

I will post my graph every 5k hands for better or worse. I will include no gimmicks in this thread. Just Poker Related stuff!

OK, I Lied! READ MY BLOG!
  • 46 replies
    • budzior
      budzior
      Bronze
      Nice blog, good luck.

Ok... Who is she? :]
    • ZhiCheng
      ZhiCheng
      Bronze
      Sweet!

Nice to see you back!;)
      Will surely keep eye on here..

btw.. is that girl level? I mean.. she got nice face, but...
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Thanks guys, The girl in the pic is called Shay Laren and I think I can safely say, she is definitely not painful for the eyes to behold.

Poker related note - I've actually been having a bit of fun mucking around on MTT's on Stars recently and have only played 3.5k hands of NL10 since I last posted! I actually enjoy this new format of game and the bigger ones especially seem to be very fishy. My biggest wins so far have been $80 in a $5.50 $50k Guaranteed and $305 in a SCOOP event $22 buy in that kruppe staked me for. I busted on this hand;

Poker Stars $20+$2 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t17500/t35000 Blinds + t4375 - 6 players
      The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

MP: t518474 M = 6.58
      CO: t733040 M = 9.31
      BTN: t2737819 M = 34.77
      Hero (SB): t574802 M = 7.30
      BB: t969301 M = 12.31
      UTG: t400049 M = 5.08

Pre Flop: (t78750) Hero is SB with A :diamond: Q :club:
      3 folds, BTN raises to t78000, Hero raises to t570427 all in, BB raises to t964926 all in, 1 fold

Flop: (t1245104) 5 :spade: 2 :heart: T :diamond: (2 players - 2 are all in)

Turn: (t1245104) 7 :diamond: (2 players - 2 are all in)

River: (t1245104) J :spade: (2 players - 2 are all in)

Final Pot: t1245104
      Hero shows A :diamond: Q :club: (high card Ace)
      BB shows A :spade: K :spade: (high card Ace - King kicker)
      BB wins t1245104

AAAAAAAggggh. Oh well! 155th out of almost 28k entrants isn't bad at all methinks and thats despite getting badbeat on 4 occasions for huge chunks of my stack. Losing AA vs K5o preflop All-In was probably the worst one.

Glad you could join me for some more news and just like before I'm just going to keep this blog poker related and give you no other reason to read it!
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Well, I finally played some more NL10 hands today and for once I don't think I played like a complete retard, only part retard!

Here is the graph of my NL10 progress (or rather lack of it). I obviously need to stop giving these people credit. I treat most of them like they know what they are doing which simply isn't the case.

I am now going to continue playing MTT's. Came very close to going extremely deep a couple of times but not much else happened really. They may be annoying at times but MTT's are still quite fun and so far the player pools seem very fishy which is of course, very nice :)

Photoshop?
    • ZhiCheng
      ZhiCheng
      Bronze
      I like this last one :D
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      I played another 5k hands at last! Part way through I Basically changed my game by deciding to tighten up a hell of a lot preflop from my previous 18/17 game to something more resembling the BSS Starting Hands Chart although still using position to open up more hands, I also decided to never hero-fold Top Pair and put villains far more often on bluffs than I used to.

Not sure If It was that or I started running better but I stopped doing quite so badly as I have been. I'm now on the hunt for a +10BI day ;)

Again, I will shamelessly post a picture to get some views on my blog;

Enjoy!
    • silent21
      silent21
      Global
      heyho DaPhunk

nice blog, wish u GL in your improvement.

@possible photoshop pic
      i will work on 3 places and meanwhile sell my soul to the devil for her :f_p: :f_p: :f_p:
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Thanks Silent. I am continuing to play as ABC as I possibly can, however I made some incredibly retarded lines and stuff in my last session. Let myself slip a bit. Villain took a stack off me and I tried to tilt him by constantly flopraising him, unfortunately I only got half the stack back by doing this but it did work :)

Anyway, I'm switching sites now to grind some First deposit bonuses :D Here is my last 5k hands (for the moment) on FTP;

Full Tilt Poker $10.00 No Limit Hold'em - 9 players

CO: $9.32
      BTN: $10.00
      Hero (SB): $11.03
      BB: $6.77
      UTG: $9.51
      UTG+1: $11.56
      UTG+2: $10.44
      MP1: $5.67
      MP2: $8.45

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is SB with 4 :club: 3 :club:
      7 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, BB calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.60) 6 :spade: Q :heart: 5 :club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.40, BB calls $0.40

Turn: ($1.40) 7 :heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.90, BB raises to $1.80, Hero raises to $10.33, BB calls $4.27 all in

River: ($13.54) T :spade: (2 players - 1 is all in)

Final Pot: $13.54
      Hero shows 4 :club: 3 :club:
      BB shows 2 :spade: 4 :heart:
      Hero wins $8.38
      (Rake: $0.90)

Coolest chick yet!

Why so Cool? I'll show you;

Edit; I Might as well put the video in too;

• Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Looks good :)

Keep it up mate!
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Thanks Gerv!

Behold I have another 5k hands to post, this time on William Hill!

I will probably move up to NL20 after the next 5k hands as I want to unlock this bonus quickly. I will probably just play 9 or 10 tables though.

In other news I have had a nice scan of my knee done and it looks like I have a problem with my ACL and I have visible bone bruising on my femur! 2 months after my crash that caused it, AWESOME! I have also being doing pressups and pull-ups 3 times a week as well as a lot of brisk walking to try and help with me not losing fitness after my Winter season. Unfortunately Swimming just seems to me like a rip-off in this country, stupidly expensive so I'm not doing that :p

Right, pretty picture!;

• DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Yet another 5k hands. I actually had that good +$50 session near the beginning then a super tilty session after a short visit to the pub where I lost $70 and then a super long session where I suddenly started getting coolered constantly and started actually getting called on some of my bluffs by TAGfish opponents.

All in all, I've realised how enormous my edge is on this limit, but I keep doing some immensely stupid things to fuck it up. Anyone got some advice on how to keep my mindset more stable and focused?

Was going to post some hands but I actually can't decide which ones to post so I'll just post one were I tilted and shoved in a bad spot;

IPoker Network $10.00 No Limit Hold'em - 10 players

UTG+1: $2.48
      UTG+2: $14.61
      MP1: $12.34
      MP2: $8.60
      Hero (MP3): $11.50
      CO: $9.64
      BTN: $6.77
      SB: $4.14
      BB: $4.39
      UTG: $9.82

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is MP3 with A :diamond: K :diamond:
      3 folds, MP1 raises to $0.35, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.35, 4 folds

Flop: ($0.85) J :heart: 9 :diamond: J :diamond: (2 players)
      MP1 bets $0.63, Hero calls $0.63

Turn: ($2.11) 4 :club: (2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero bets $1.10, MP1 raises to $3.30, Hero raises to $10.52, MP1 calls $7.22

River: ($23.15) 2 :diamond: (2 players)

Final Pot: $23.15
      MP1 shows J :spade: A :club:
      Hero wins $21.61
      (Rake: $1.54)

Ok, now truth be told, I'm getting a bit bored of posting pics of random women on here so this could be the last one;

• tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      /quit

just joking :)

keep up the good work
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      how about posting pics of women that actually look very good instead of just random?
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      @Kruppe, I'll have to think about that ;)

Right, I'm briefly going to post my previous graph as I just went on a heater today and need to get this post out of the way :D

As you can see, something truly dreadful happened with my non-SD winnings. I seemed to be constantly running into the nuts and maybe I was still making some bluffs in spots that were bad after the previous 5k hands. who knows.

I now give you the incredible Blondie! She's so awesome! Yes, I am a blondie fan :D (even though its just the first photo I could find of her on google image search)

• tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      picture quality is going down
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TobyCS
      picture quality is going down
      =) yes
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      @Toby lol, maybe so. Not really sure where I could have found pictures of Blondie in her prime anyway. Fancied posting something slightly different though.

ANOTHER UPDATE!

I no have a slight rollercoaster of a graph and a rant to post;

first 3k hands is the monster day I had yesterday, unfortunately todays session was one of the worst I've ever had. Near the start of the session I got coolered a few times, and had what I thought were weaktight players raising my bets on seemingly almost every flop or turn I saw. Things then calmed down for a while, but lo and behold it suddenly started happening again, every hand would be multi-way with me holding nothing, or I would have say TP only to have random rock B or weaktight TAG player A with 2% Check/Raise make a huge Check/shove to my cbet.

It was completely insane, and eventually I just gave up hope and decided I must not have my mind in it/ be tilted without realising it and blind-out. Somehow I was being run-over by these players who I was sure were complete TAG-Fish. None of it made any sense to me whatsoever, so here I am to rant about it on my microdonk blog :)

Sessions like the one I just played raise those questions in the back of your mind "Do I really know what I'm doing? Is it possible these micro-stake donks somehow have an edge on me? How the hell could that be possible?"

Anyway, I will let the images of an old favourite celebrity of mine sooth my nerves. Elisha Cuthbert :D

The one that can never be left out;

And one I've never seen before;

Hope you enjoy. In my book you can never take note of Kim Bauer too many times :D
    • fun101rockets
      fun101rockets
      Bronze
      is this nl10 or nl25 and fr or sh. The micro stakes players do not have an edge on u but u should make micro stakes adjustments like playin super str8 forward postflop.
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      I'm playing NL10 FR till my roll increases to 30 BI for the £ tables. However I'm often not leaving tables when they go short as I'm trying to get practice in that area. Occasionally If I don't have many tables up I will even try and play a couple of hands of HU because I'm interested in how the gameflow dynamics work here.

When you say super straight-forwards postflop what sort of things do you have in mind? I'm still trying to decide what peoples ranges in certain spots are on this limit.