Dating someone with kids?

• dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      So, actually a serious question, I figure i'll get a buncha joke responses, but maybea couple serious ones.

so im 19, 23 year old girls the secretary at the chiropractor i go to.. we've been flirting alot, every time i go there i end up hanging around for like half hour talking to her, she always trys to make sure i come in in the mornings while she works... super cool chill girl. I was planning on asking her out monday, then i find out she has 1 year old twins. I actually met them haha, luckily they loved me hahah, i was there for like a health deal for like an hour and i played with them during it and kept em quiet and apparently on the car ride home they kept saying "bye alex" haha... she seemed impressed i did good with them and they liked me and stuff..... sooo then today im there, we talk for like half hour/hour. I find out from the chiropractor that shes not dating anyone, and doesnt want a serious relationship, but would like something kinda casual and fun, because her kids are #1 priority right now.

So... thoughts on dating someone who has kids, basically with the specifics of this situation.

oh and dads a loser not around etc
  • 21 replies
    • Atoks
      Atoks
      Bronze
      Dude seriously ... go with the flow and don't worry too much bout stuff. If u like her and she likes u while u both know her kids are #1 for her fk it ... take her out, enjoy the ride and take some pictures along the way.
    • manatta
      manatta
      Bronze
      lol you come to a poker forum asking for dating tips
    • manatta
      manatta
      Bronze
      ah and btw if the guy told you that "she wants nothing serious etc" he probably was trying to tell you indirectly that she's not into you
    • blankcheque
      blankcheque
      Bronze
      get your own life loser and stop prattling around with this user
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Hard to give a serious advice without seeing some pictures of her.
    • antonio47211
      antonio47211
      Bronze
      I would say if you like the board, call the flop and reevaluate on turn, keeping in mind possible rivers.

In other words, ask her out and go from there. You're not marrying her anyway, so wtf. Just keep in mind she might not be very keen to go to places, somebody must look after kids.
    • gavinonymous
      gavinonymous
      Bronze
      Originally posted by antonio47211
      I would say if you like the board, call the flop and reevaluate on turn, keeping in mind possible rivers.

In other words, ask her out and go from there. You're not marrying her anyway, so wtf. Just keep in mind she might not be very keen to go to places, somebody must look after kids.
      You flopped a small pair with good kicker. Use protection and hope you don't get quads?
    • dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      ahha theres some pretty good poker analogies...

and no im not necessairly looking for dating advice, its just to get some other views. to be honest the kids dont really creep me out that much, but i kinda feel like it should, so wanted to see if i was missing anything haha

but yeah i'll see whats up, toughi work 11h/day next 3 days ugh.. thanks guys haha..

@blankcheque was that to me or manatta?
    • Berzerger
      Berzerger
      Bronze
      A milf is still a woman. Take her out, get to know her as a person, have some good time together, then re-evaluate on the flop so to speak. Kids won't become an issue until the river.

By the way, don't mean to discourage you or anything, but your story reminds me of how my parents met. I'm living proof that it ended in disaster...
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      With a women who already has kids theres bound to be complications etc later on. Ofcourse if you like her then go for it, but dont expect anything to serrious to develope, date her, sex her up etc. But at the end of the day your young so enjoy that aswell, it wouldnt be cool getting settled down in a "fathers" roll so young.
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze

But seriously, I wouldn't freak out to much. Sounds like she into you. Take her out, treat her well. She would understand that your younger and not used to the whole younger kid thing, but sounds like she just wants a good time.
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      On the plus side women with kids have jiggerly boobies
    • Joronamo
      Joronamo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by manatta
      ah and btw if the guy told you that "she wants nothing serious etc" he probably was trying to tell you indirectly that she's not into you
      Unless I misread OP, who said the chiropractor was a guy? 23 is pretty young for a mother might I add.
    • awishformore
      awishformore
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Atoks
      Dude seriously ... go with the flow and don't worry too much bout stuff. If u like her and she likes u while u both know her kids are #1 for her fk her ... take it out, enjoy the ride and take some pictures along the way.
      FYP
    • EliasVeritas
      EliasVeritas
      Bronze
      DrAction has made the final table of the $5k FR Side Event.
      With 8 people left he's in 6th place losing the chip lead pot with AQ vs JJ just before the final table.
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      lol at all the poker analogies.. :f_mad: Imagine someone asking dating advice on a math forum :f_o: :f_confused:

Anyway like people have said, go with the flow.
    • Berzerger
      Berzerger
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Hahaownedlolz
      lol at all the poker analogies.. :f_mad: Imagine someone asking dating advice on a math forum :f_o: :f_confused:
      Don't. They'll make you believe it's a bad idea to date girls, and even prove it.

• mishuq
      mishuq
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EliasVeritas
      DrAction has made the final table of the $5k FR Side Event.
      With 8 people left he's in 6th place losing the chip lead pot with AQ vs JJ just before the final table.
      :heart: priceless !
    • manatta
      manatta
      Bronze
      Originally posted by lennonac
      On the plus side women with kids have jiggerly boobies

AHAHAHAHAHAHAH