partypoker.....

• Sieghardt
      Sieghardt
      Bronze
      After epic bad beats i don't know what to think about the software.It's unbelievable how i loose almoust every single time with the best hand.Since last week I started an unbelievable downswing and reached to the conclussion that it could be rigged.
      In the last 2 days i flopped a fullhouse five times and lost each one of them. Two against quads,two against better fullhouses on the river, and one when the turn brought tree of a kind so my full lost to a bigger pair.This is just one thing. Today i had 7 sets,lost all of them on runner runner,or gutshot on the river.
      I flopped the nut straight twice,went all in on the flop,first guy calls with backdoor flush draw and hits,second one calls with set and the board pairs.When i have the nut flush,the board pairs on the river,yesterday a guy called all in and hit his quads on the river.When i have the K high or q high flush,the board brings up another card of my suit.
      It's unbelievalbe,i don't know what hand to play anymore,everyone sucks out on me,when i have top pair it gives them a better kicker,when i have top kicker it gives them 2 pair on the river,when i have a set,they hit a better set on the turn or especially the set of Q on the river,when i have a straight ,in best case is split.
      After loosing a lot on the river last week,the last 3 days,when i had the nuts i went all in,i can't stand that river card.Despite this,the donks still call and beat me,here are some examples :
      Guy raises preflop with 3 5off(o.O) I reraise with AA. Flop : 2-8-10. I bet,he calls.Turn 6,I bet,he calls,river 4!!
      Guy raises with 1010,I 3 bet him with AA. Flop A 7 Q.I bet,he calls.Turn k,he bets,i raise all in, he calls,turn J.
      All in preflop,me AA,he j 3off,board j 8 3.
      Me k10 diamonds, i hit my flush on the turn,decide to move all in,guess what? he hits his 72 fullhouse on the river! the flop was 7 7 and the 2 came on the river.
      I had 55,he had 72,board 2345,i decide to go all in(i was super tilty),river 6!
      This last 72 hands happend just a couple of hours ago.
      With fullhouses it's been like this : me 7 7 , guy QQ. Flop 10 7 4. Turn 4, i decide to go all in,he calls,river Q.
      These are just some examples,in the past days i lost a lot,i have some other amazing unbelievable hands but the post is too long already and as i said,i lost lots of hands with overpair,sets,flushes,and fullhouses only in the past 3 days!!!!!!!!!
      I play on nl5(many donks that make unbelievable bad calls),9 tables at once.I know that the percentage of bad beats it's higher because i play a lot of hands but come on!!!! I loose with almoust every hand,my game becomes weaker and weaker,I JUST CAN'T STAND IT ANYMORE!!!!!!!!
      Am I the only one who got so unlucky? or is just the software?
      Another possible bugs : I had 16 showdowns with KK against AQ,i lost 11 with my kings.
      The set hits very very often on the river,especially that Q,so when you flop a set,watch out for the river card.
      When I have top 2 pair,almoust every time someone has a straight.
      When i flop a flush,or make it on the turn,the board pairs on the river very very often.
      I don't know about you but i started to loose my confidence in partypoker:(
  • 13 replies
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
    • Sieghardt
      Sieghardt
      Bronze
      Ok,just to sum it up : i lost with 5 flopped fullhouses in two days,today i lost with 7 sets,flushes,straights and most of them to runner runner.Seems like i can't win with anything,everyone is sucking out on me on the river and i suspect the software is rigged.
      Since the last week,the bad beats are just epic,bad beat after bad beat,every hand i loose to gutshot on the river or the lucky two outer.
      Am i the only one or it happened to you also? I don't know what to do,i put my money in with way the best hand and loose 80% of the pots.
    • pinnryder
      pinnryder
      Bronze
      Since PP is making a lot of money when you loose your ,oney to other players it is definetly rigged!
      Don't know if you saw the sticky at the top though...
    • Sieghardt
      Sieghardt
      Bronze
      I didn't see the sticky,thank's for that.....anyway i didn't just lost 8 in a row,i lost above 20 hands to runner runner or lucky river in about 8 hours,and come on,to flop 5 fullhouses in a day and loose all of them,after other epic bad beats it's just too much for me.
      I'm not so stupid to think that party is aiming for my 200$ bankrool(now 157$),but it deffinately has some bugs and those happen to every player.I had other downswings but not like this,it's unbelievable.My theory is that after you win a lot,the software gives you some cards that you just can't get away from.Today x,y,z suck out on me,tomorrow i get lucky,in other day i loose again.
      We play,bounce money from one to another and they take rake while we just transfer money between us and not winning as we should be.
      Maybe i'm just devastated after this epic bad luck,but i don't know what to think anymore.
    • iamblueandurmine
      iamblueandurmine
      Bronze
      dry your eyes buddy, it happens to everyone at some point, its how you cope with it that will show how good you are. Posts like OMG ITS SO RIGGED should be restricted to a cry area elsewhere and banned from the site specific sections.
    • lincristian
      lincristian
      Bronze
      i have the same experience as you do before,what i can do is just go to another poker room :D
    • pinnryder
      pinnryder
      Bronze
      When you had like 20 suckouts and are still at 157$ from 200$ you obviously know how to use good BRM and shouldn't worry, it will turn around again eventually..
    • FakeLunatic
      FakeLunatic
      Bronze
      It will turn around, don't worry. Those guys on NL5 on PP are really unbelievable (I also lost few times with AA to J3 kind of hands), but if you keep your cool, when cards start coming your way, you will take their money.

Trust me, I have been in sort of downswing for two months now, same hands happened to me, and I was drifting around, barely making few buyins per month, and suddenly, like someone flipped switch, downswing stopped, I started owning those poor fishes. They still went allin with shitty hands, but suddenly they didnt river fullhouses on my flush, or straights on my sets etc...
      I was wondering if it will ever stop, how is it possible that I almost always lose as a strong favorite, confidence went down, and I feel for you, it's hard. But you need to keep telling to yourself that you are better player than they are and that it will eventually show.

Take notes on opponents, and be careful when ace comes on board, if you don't have ace in your hand, it's 90% that fish has it, they love playing aces. Also, you will see ppl calling you down with anything, value bet them all streets, don't build huge pots, but extract value from them, since they will usually pay you off with mid pair. Thats one of things that kept me a bit above breakeven despite losing 80% of allins.

After all, it's just variance hitting you, and when other side of variance hits you, you will be happy that you didnt spew all of your money.

Another thing that helped me is if I see that cards treat me bad again, just stop and go do something else, like read something on poker, or watch video, just to get feel for the game. Or, go limit down, to build your confidence, and take shot at your limit every now and then, to see if downswing is over. My point of view is that if I don't manage to win at lower limit, then downswing is really sick and it's a good thing I moved down, reducing my losses.
      Once I even had a week where I moved to NL2, just to build my confidence (players there are really, really bad players), and was down 6BI in a week, and thats 12$. If I stayed on NL5, I'd prolly lose 30$ + some more because of tilt.

After the downswing was over, I started making 3-4BI per day, which is pretty big for me, since I don't play that many hands.

So, keep fighting mate, and you will come out as a winner.

P.S.: Also, look on the bright side : I think you will learn more during downswing, than upswing because you question yourself more when running badly.

(sorry for long post)
    • lincristian
      lincristian
      Bronze
      nice post FakeLunatic
    • Joronamo
      Joronamo
      Bronze
      You are just going through a downswing. How many hands do you play?

Do an experiment for me. Play 100k hands between now and the end of the year which I think is pretty realistic. Study improve your game and you will notice that if you are a winning player you will be going in the right direction and then have a huge loss in a short space of time (downswing) then recover from it and be on your way again and your graph will develop a trend or pattern forming.

Obviously if you play very few hands i.e 100 a day. When your downswing hits, it feels rigged because you are simply playing less hands/hour and the downswing last longer. You gotta grind it out literally.
    • manatta
      manatta
      Bronze
      hey did you know there are people with stands at big torns like the WSOP etc whose job is towait for the losing players to sit there and PAY to tell those guys how they lost the torn?
    • Sieghardt
      Sieghardt
      Bronze
      Thanks for support guys.I play at 9 tables at once,so an awful amount of hands.It's true,the day i lost with those fullhouses ans sets i still managed to make a 5 buy in profit.I'm not a good player,but deffinately better than nl5.
      I almoust reached that 200$ wall several times and than the downswing started every time.
      It really sucks when I play for about 5 hours,get a 4-5 buy ins profit and than loose all of that in just a couple of minutes to unbeliveable suckout,it's hard,very hard.This is the case of the last past week.
      I've played about 90k hands since i started with my 50$ capital(i managed to go down until 20$ in 4 days) so all in all i am on profit,still my confiddence in my game is dropping fast because i loose with everything,i will play only quads:) )
      Thanks again,looking forward to reach nl10!
    • Sieghardt
      Sieghardt
      Bronze
      UPDATE : the downswing continued,i reached 138$ than everything changed.
      I just reached 220$ after 10 hours of play(20 buy ins!!!!!!!!).
      It's unbelievable,after reaching the bottom i just started to play better,have huge luck and lots of donks who tried to bluff me with their whole stack while i had the nuts.
      Maybe it's not rigged after all :P Thank You again for suport!