$7.38
      MP1:
      $2.54
      MP2 (Hero):
      $6.14
      MP3:
      $4.43

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with T, A.
      2 folds, Hero calls $0.10, MP3 folds, CO calls $0.10, BU folds, SB calls $0.05, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.4) 2, 3, 4 (4 players)
      SB bets $0.20, BB folds, Hero calls $0.20, CO calls $0.20.

Turn: ($1) T (3 players)
      SB bets $0.40, Hero calls $0.40, CO calls $0.40.

River: ($2.2) J (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.70, CO folds, SB folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $2.2.

Only been sitting at the table for a few minutes so didnt have much stats yet.

Both opponents seemed to be quite loose aggressive.
      I am not 100% sure if this was a good move in the long run, even if it did work out this time. And if it is the correct move, i should probably have made a much larger bet. (i was stingy and didn't want to risk too much)

My overall stats are 17/7.6/2.95/33/1800 (VPIP/PFR/AF/WTSD/hands)
  • 5 replies
    • Eminescu500
      Eminescu500
      Bronze
      First congrats on the initiative and keep posting, it can only be +ev.

Second, there are some rules on how to post a hand. You should use a hand converter tool, try the community's one. It's great !

Hand converter

@ hand:

- i play sh, but you deff NEVER from that position limp ATo. i think fold is in order, otherwise raise. never call.
      - flop i guess it's ok. ?(
      - turn you should've raised. your ahead here most of the time
      - river:
      when they both checked i took the opportunity to try a semi bluff here. I had the feeling they were drawing dead.
      This is just wrong. First of all they didn't both checked, just one checked, you still had one after you. Second they could not draw dead once all community cards are dealt, no card will come so they can't be drawing.

On the river i will go for a safe check/call just hoping to take it down and move on.

@ stats:

- your vpip/pfr ratio is very small. you should limp less and instead of limping you should: strong hand : raise / weak, "i don't know what to do with this, i'll limp" FOLD.

hope it helps and someone correct me please where i was wrong since i myself still am a fish :P
    • tvalberg
      tvalberg
      Bronze
      Thanks that's much appreciated. And yeah i can see why its mandatory to use the hand converter :)

And thanks for your feedback and comments :)
    • TetraQuark
      TetraQuark
      Bronze
      hi!

as a starter (I assume) =) it is probably best to stick to the basic starting hands chart which u find in strategy section...

and as evident from shc ATs is a raise from mp2 if every one folded infront of you (as utg1 and mp1 did)...

you are not doing yourself a favour by limping in quite a strong hand, because u have to think what will happen if someone raises you... reraising him is not an option, because you dont have a strong enough hand for calling out of position and you are only in a spot that is not marginal, if you hit your flush or straight on the flop and that happenes way to few times to make your limping and calling a raise with ATs preflop profitable in a long run...

as played I am folding flop
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by Eminescu500
      First congrats on the initiative and keep posting, it can only be +ev.

Second, there are some rules on how to post a hand. You should use a hand converter tool, try the community's one. It's great !

Hand converter

@ hand:

- i play sh, but you deff NEVER from that position limp ATo. i think fold is in order, otherwise raise. never call.
      - flop i guess it's ok. ?(
      - turn you should've raised. your ahead here most of the time
      - river:
      when they both checked i took the opportunity to try a semi bluff here. I had the feeling they were drawing dead.
      This is just wrong. First of all they didn't both checked, just one checked, you still had one after you. Second they could not draw dead once all community cards are dealt, no card will come so they can't be drawing.

On the river i will go for a safe check/call just hoping to take it down and move on.

@ stats:

- your vpip/pfr ratio is very small. you should limp less and instead of limping you should: strong hand : raise / weak, "i don't know what to do with this, i'll limp" FOLD.

hope it helps and someone correct me please where i was wrong since i myself still am a fish :P
      Good post overall, only things I'd disagree with are:

- folding preflop, I think it's way too strong a hand to fold at microstakes when really nobody has more than 75bb, so everybody is bad. (Rebuy to 100bb, you need UTG2 covered with position on him most of the time ;) )

- the river play, SB almost never has Jx when he doesn't bet again, and who knows what the other fish has but it's quite hard for him to have Jx too. I will almost always make a valuebet like Hero did.

I'm not really sure why the turn/river play confuses you. When SB leads small on the flop and the other fish just calls, chances are neither of them has much since they're usually pretty aggressive and you'd have seen more betting from them with a big hand. Thus you're ahead with your TPTK on the turn almost always and you should raise for value. As played on the river you have no reason to think either of them could have gotten with the river with Jx (sure sometimes they'll show up with J4 or a floated AJ, but most of the time they don't have it), so we can still bet for value.

Hero's stats are only relevant to us helping him, none of those players will care about them ever. I do agree that your biggest leak seems to be too much limping/calling. If you don't feel confident open raising with a hand, just fold it. I'd would be open raising pretty much any two decent broadways on that table given the stack sizes of the fish around, any TPGK hand will be enough to get the money in.

Hope it helps.
    • tvalberg
      tvalberg
      Bronze