$1.75
      CO:
      $4.81
      BU (Hero):
      $7.25
      SB:
      $1.90

Preflop: Hero is BU with A, 6.
      5 folds, CO raises to $0.40, Hero raises to $1.40, 2 folds, CO calls $1.00.

Flop: ($2.95) 8, 4, 4 (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero bets $1.40, CO raises to $3.41, Hero calls $2.01.

Turn: ($9.77) 2 (2 players)

River: ($9.77) A (2 players)

Final Pot: $9.77.
      Results follow:

CO shows two pairs, eights and fours(8 7).
      Hero shows two pairs, aces and fours(A 6).

Hero wins with two pairs, aces and fours(A 6).

Stats for CO: 24/16/5.5/55/51 (VPIP/PFR/AF/WTSD/hands)

Exactly 1 round before from same position i made a 3bet on the same opponent and i took the pot. And if i don't remember wrong, this was the 3rd time since i entered the table. (in fact most profit on the table was from him)

I had a feeling he would call me, but didnt expect him to raise all in on the flop. But considering the flush draw, i called.

I suspect this one is a bit borderline or even a bad move, and i got lucky.
  • 4 replies
    • TetraQuark
      TetraQuark
      Bronze
      well there is no use in stats if u dont give us his steal... that is first...
      second u have great pot odds against his range here but u get even bigger ones if u bet more right on flop, like 2/3... it will be easier to call his AI when he pushes... nh
    • johnbeattie85
      johnbeattie85
      Bronze
      Postflop is fine. Preflop I perfer just 3bet/calling a wider value range vs midstacks, since you give them really good odds to just shove if you start 3betting light.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by johnbeattie85
      Postflop is fine. Preflop I perfer just 3bet/calling a wider value range vs midstacks, since you give them really good odds to just shove if you start 3betting light.
      That's usually the way to go. Mid stacks will very often call you with Ax hands and they usually aren't really into folding postflop if they hit anything, so you'll get yourself into trouble by 3-betting hands that don't beat that many Ax hands and can only flop 1 strong pair. You can't even call if he jams on you preflop.

As it is, it's even more dicey since you said yourself you already did this once 1 round earlier. Tags tend not to adapt fast enough, but fish get pissed off easily. There is a way higher chance he'll call you this time around.

Hope it helps.
    • tvalberg
      tvalberg
      Bronze