UTG+1: $4.00
      MP: $2.83
      CO: $4.12
      Hero (BTN): $4.04
      SB: $3.98
      BB: $3.82

Pre Flop: ($0.06) Hero is BTN with Q:club: A:diamond:
      2 folds, MP raises to $0.16, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.16, 2 folds

Flop: ($0.38) Q:spade: 4:heart: T:club: (2 players)
      MP checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($0.38) 6:heart: (2 players)
      MP bets $0.18, Hero raises to $0.52, MP raises to $0.96, Hero calls $0.44

River: ($2.30) T:diamond: (2 players)
      MP bets $1.64, Hero folds

PF - i hope the call on btn is ok, isn't it?
      flop - the board is safe and the opponent didn't cbet - therefore i decided to check behind, because i thought he wouldn't have payed off me, if i had raised. was it a good move?
      turn - he bets quite weakly, there is a FD now, so i raise 4 value and protection here. The minraise was unexpected, i put him either on a draw or strong made hand, which he decided to slowplay on the flop. I have great odds, so i just call with an intention to probably call a reasonable bet on river.
      river - second T came and he bets quite big. Now i can't remember what i was thinking there, but i simply folded :)

• 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg

Sure, calling on the button is fine. If your villain is loose/bad and you feel like there is a decent chance he'll raise/call with worse broadway hands you can also 3-bet for value (not such a good idea if his first reaction is usually to 4-bet).

On the flop without reads I'd just bet for value when he checks and take it from here.

As played on the turn we could go either way between calling and raising, of course we can't fold. Really hard to say with absolutely no read on the guy, he could have "trapped" on the flop with a hand that crush us or we stuff like KQ that we still beat, he could be betting a T and be willing to call a raise with it thinking on some level that we don't have Qx because we didn't bet the flop, he could have pure air and be attempting a cheap bluff now that he's convinced we don't have much. Your call really.

As played when he half pot / min3bet, provided he's not some really aggro monkey, I think there is a much bigger chance he was just trapping on the flop and trying to induce more action by betting smallish on the turn, so the only real question is whether he can do that with a worse Qx or not. Usually they won't, so both folding the turn and calling the turn to see if he'll check the river are okay considering the odds. If he's a monkey just call the turn and call any river.

Hope it helps.