$7.11
      MP2:
      $7.76
      MP3:
      $3.50
      CO:
      $4.29

Preflop: Hero is UTG1 with A, A.
      Hero raises to $0.40, 6 folds, SB calls $0.35, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.9) T, 8, 2 (2 players)
      SB bets $0.10, Hero calls $0.10.

Turn: ($1.1) 7 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.70, SB calls $0.70.

River: ($2.5) 9 (2 players)
      SB bets $2.50, Hero folds, SB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $2.5.

i decided to call his flop bet since the flop was really dry and he was unlikely to be holding onto much.

this was to make him call me on the turn when i do bet. the turn also made straight and flush draws possible so i decided to bet about 3/4 of the pot.

when the river card came, i decided to believe his bet since he was rather passive and that flush and straight draws have both completed.
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I'd just raise the flop, it's not that dry there are still a bunch of gutshots+overs or Tx/8x hands he could call with and the board can get really ugly really fast. Not so many players will actually minbet/fold in my experience, and if he's one of them I'll know for next time. In the meantime I'm just assuming everybody is minbet/calling some marginal hand and value raise the hell out of them.

As played turn is fine and river is obviously a horrible card, there is virtually no chance he's pure bluffing, and passive players aren't valuebetting less than AA there ever. Since hands that beat you fit the action for those actions, I think it's pretty standard fold.

Hope it helps.