Poker 2.0 - SnG & MTT

• Trillium90
      Trillium90
      Silver

:club: :club: :club:  
      About me and the blog: 

My name is Martin Wenzel and I am currently 19 Years old. I live in Germany and still go to school, but only a couple more months, because I just got my A-Levels done. After that I have to do "Zivildienst" (Social Work) and I figure I have more time during that.
      I started Poker 1 Year ago, but I was always an breakevenplayer and I hope this changes soon. So far I played Tournaments and Cash Game but now i want to mainly play SnGs and MTTs.

I will play on Full Tilt and use tha BR Plan i posted below. I choose SnGs and MTTs because you get more game for your money and I also play Live games with some friends every now and then and it is just more fun than Cash Game. I will post graphs and updates on a regular basis and I hope you enjoy this Blog.

--------------------------- 
      Explanations about my BRM 

Here are the Limits and BR I plan to play until 1000$  
      • $65 - $1.10 STTs
      • $90 - $1.10 18-man
      • $130 - $1.10 45-man, $2.20 STTs
      • $210 - $5.25 HU
      • $215 - $3.30 STTs
      • $270 - $6.25 HU
      • $357 - 5.50 STTs
      • $416 - $3.25 45-man
      • $420 - $10.50 HU
      • $422 - $6.50 STTs
      • $440 - $2.20 MTTs, $2.20 180-man
      • $495 - $3.30 90-man
      • $585 - $6.50 18-man
      • $715 - $11 STTs
      • $780 - $12 STTs
      • $820 - $21 HU
      • $832 - $6.50 45-man
      • $880 - $4.40 MTT, $4.40 180-man
      • $990 - $11 18-man

Rakeback will not be added towards my BR this time I will use Rakeback to take shots at higher Limits so for example I can collect rakeback for a while and play a 20$ tournament or something like that 
      Explanations about EP 

I saw in JuiceQuadre's Blog his Idea about VoI and I want to adapt it, except i call it EP. How do i get EP? Here a list:
      • 1EP for every 20 Tournaments
      • 1EP for every hand I post in the handjudging section
      • 2EP for every watched video
      • 3EP for every read article
      • 5EP for every attended coaching
      Goals 

I will set myself Goals, but they won't have a time limit, because this should not be about any pressure to reach those Goals

[ ] Get a 1000$ BR
      [ ] Get 250 EP
      [X] Reach Silver Status
      [ ] Reach Gold Status

If I reach one of these Goals I will set new ones. So i get better and better step by step (at least I hope so ;) )

All-time graph 

Here is my All-time graph (updated every 2 Weeks) 

Bankroll 

Starting Bankroll: 150$ 
      Current Bankroll (Rakeback included): 233.13$ 
      Bankroll without Rakeback: 233.13$ 
      Money left to take shots: 0$ 
      Current EP: 14 
      Current Limit: $3.30 STTs, $1.10 45-man, $5.25 HU 

Other stuff 

To make it more interesting I decided to post a funny, amazing or just awesome video every week. So have fun 

-Trillium90
  • 15 replies
    • ZhiCheng
      ZhiCheng
      Bronze
      Hello there!

Very nice intro!
      I ll be comming back for more.
      Wish you good luck with your climbing up.
      If everything in your life has order like you just shoved in your post Im sure u r gonna be playing highstakes sooner than u think;)
    • Trillium90
      Trillium90
      Silver
      Week 1 (4.29 - 5.1) 

This is my start and it didn't start to well, i realized that I forgot a lot about poker during my break and its harder to concentrate. I guess I have to get used to it. So I moved from 4 tabels down to 2 tables. And I also get in Tilt much faster than I did before, but I think thats something I can get under controll.

So it started out with a lot of crappy hands and when I finalley got a hand everybody else folded, but I guess thats ok. Than I think I made a bad call or it was half a bad beat too, but it got me a little bit in Tilt and my concentration went down too. So I finished the first two days at -20$. Today I got it Up to +10$, but than I got a bad beat, I got my KK All In against QQ Preflop and lost 15$. So I started to surf a little bit and I should have quit there, but no I wanted to get my money back and lost some more. So I quit when I reached -19$.

I Hope next week is going better but I am positive I just have to always remind myself to quit when my concentration sinks or if I get tired and than it should be fine. I also should be paying more attention to the actions done by the opponents and see if I can adjust my game to them a liitle bit.

:club: :club:  
      Graph 

Hands 
       EP  
      4 Articles (Basic) - 12 EP 
      2 posted Hands - 2EP 
      1000 played Hands - 1EP 
      :diamond:  
      Total 15EP 
      BR 
      Starting Bankroll: 290$ 
      Winnings: -18.71$ 
      Rakeback: 0$ 
      Total BR: 271.29$ 
      Video 

• Trillium90
      Trillium90
      Silver
      So now i had some success and also made some mistakes and now I have some questions.

1. What is the best time of the day to play? (Most fishes, etc.)

2. I still use a trial of Pokertracker 3, but now I want to buy either Holdem Manager or Pokertracker 3. Which do you suggest and why? What are the advantages, disadvantage of them?

3. My last question is if you guys maybe have some tipps or suggestions on how you stay concentrated to play your A game. And what are the signs that are letting you know that you should quit for now?

-Trillium90
    • Trillium90
      Trillium90
      Silver
      Update: 

I had a real bad session right now 2 times AA preflop All In and Lost. Than KK lost against 22 and than I lost 15$ with two pair against trips. So a really bad session. My Bankroll now stands at 216$ and I decided to move down to NL5 for now until I am back up to 250$ I will stay there. I hope I have more Luck at that Limit for now...

-Trillium90
    • Trillium90
      Trillium90
      Silver
      Update: 

The last days on NL5 went really good, I moved back up to 260$ and decided to go back to NL10 now. But this time I am only going to play one table for now and see how I am doing. Graphs and More Information about this Week will come on Saturday

-Trillium90
    • JuiceQuadre
      JuiceQuadre
      Bronze
      Hi Trillium!

Nice blog you got here =) I like the desing and stuff =)

Im glad to see you went on with the VoI idea :P

Ill be back to check ur progress!

Good luck on your tables, im sure ull crush higher limits soon ;)
    • wuttehhell
      wuttehhell
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Trillium90
      So now i had some success and also made some mistakes and now I have some questions.

1. What is the best time of the day to play? (Most fishes, etc.)

2. I still use a trial of Pokertracker 3, but now I want to buy either Holdem Manager or Pokertracker 3. Which do you suggest and why? What are the advantages, disadvantage of them?

3. My last question is if you guys maybe have some tipps or suggestions on how you stay concentrated to play your A game. And what are the signs that are letting you know that you should quit for now?

-Trillium90
      Hi Trillium... very nice blog.
      Question 1: I like to play from 9 to 12PM, but that's the hour in Romania, it might be diffrent in Germany. Definetely weaker opponents.

Question 2: I say go for the cheapest.

Question 3: I stop playing whenever I feel I'm on tilt, and I stop playing when I lose 6BI, even if it seems to me that I'm playing my A game. I suggest you the book called "The poker mindset" for great info on how to deal with tilt and more.

Nice video btw... some jumps are amazing :D

I'll add your blog to my favorites list. :spade:
    • Trillium90
      Trillium90
      Silver
      Week 2 (5.2 - 5.8) 

Ok it's time for a weekly update. So this week really went bad. NL10 especcially first I dropped down to 216$ than worked my Way back up to 260$ on NL5 and dropped back to 220$ with NL10. So I guess I am not ready for NL10 yet and decided to play NL5 until I am at 450$ or 500$ and than give NL10 another try.

I think I am taking bad beats still too serious. After I got 1 or 2 Bad Beats I start making bad calls and until I realize that I lost 2 Stacks or more, so I have to work on that for the next week.

Other plans for next week are work my way through the rest of the bronze articles and to summorize the important facts from them.

I also bought pokertracker and I think that was a good investment and I hope it helps me to improve my game.

@GooRukYONG and JuiceQuadre 

I am glad you guys like this Blog and I hope am playing higher Stakes soon, too. But It does not really look like it right now. But I hope this changes soon
      @wuttenhell 
      Thanks for the Advice I think it is the same time in Romania and Germany. I bought the micro stakes Pokertracker version I think thats good for now and if I move up I can still extend it. The Book looks good I will probably look into it sometime. 
      Graph 

Hands 
      NL10: 
      NL5: 
      EP  
      So far: 15EP 
      1 Article (Bronze) - 3 EP 
      5 posted Hands - 5EP 
      2 Coachings attended - 10EP 
      4000 played Hands - 4EP 
      Total 37EP 
      BR 
      Starting Bankroll: 271.29$ 
      Winnings: -47.74$ 
      On tournaments: -4$ 
      Rakeback: 2.05$ 
      Total BR: 221.60$ 
      Video 

• Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      lol jumping without a parachute is so badass. I'd really like to that sometime, but i'd probably chicken out :D

Nice blog, not a complete mess like mine lol :D don't forget to post hands in the hand evaluation forum and keep learning! :D

And i'd stay very far away from sng's especially MT sng's if you can't handle bad beats well :D
    • Trillium90
      Trillium90
      Silver
      Update: 

Ok first of all I am in a very good mood even tough I had some more Bad Beats and I also had to withdraw 50$ to pay for some speeding tickets:f_frown: . The reason for that is that I got a letter from Kentucky and I actually won a Green Card and thats really great.

But nevertheless I have after a bad session and a 50$ withdrawal 150$ left in my Pokeraccount and I decided to try SnGs and MTTs because I think it is more exiting and it has different stages of gameplay and so it is not always the same routine like i have the feeling in cash game. And it is also a great feeling if you sit at a final table or if u make the money and you have adrenalin to get more. I also play Live Games with some friends every now and than and it is just more fun I think.

I also reached Silverstatus this week but that was not to hard I guess and I hope I will keep that Status with my SnGs and MTTs.

I hope you still like reading this Blog and for those who are not anymore I am sorry but I guess Cash Game just was not the right game for me.

@Hahaowndedlolz
      Yeah i know u suggested to stay away from SnGs, but I think its not so bad with bad beats, because if u get one and loose, you don't loose your whole stack. And I know that I will get the tolerance of bad beats back, it just takes more time. I mean I could handle them a lot better the last time I played, I am just not used to it any more.

Short version: Changed Game to SnGs and MTTs

-Trillium90
    • Trillium90
      Trillium90
      Silver
      Week 1 Sng, MTT (5.9 - 5.14) 

As you can see in the last Update I decided to switch to SnGs and MTTs and I have to say it was the right choice. It is a lot more fun and so far I am more succesful than in Cash Game. I played the $2.25 Sngs and the $1.10 45-man tourneys. Especially those 45man were pretty succesful. (Played 13 - 2*1st - 1*2nd - 1*3rd - 1*4th - 1*5th - 1*6th - 6 Busted Out)

I Hope it will stay like this but I know that it is very unlikely over a longer period. But soon My Bankroll will allow it to move up a little bit. I also got 8$ Rakeback mainly because of the Cash Game at the beginning of the Week and I will probably wait until the "Take a Shot" money is on 10$ and than play a 10$ tournament.

Graph 

Hands 
      none posted so far 
      EP  
      9 STT - 3EP 
      13 MTTs (45man) - 6EP 
      Total 9EP 
      BR 
      Starting Bankroll: 151.94$ 
      Winnings: +47.60 
      Rakeback: 8.77$ 
      Total BR: 208.31$ 
      BR without "taking Shot Money": 199.54$ 
      Video 

• Trillium90
      Trillium90
      Silver
      Week 2 Sng, MTT (5.15 - 5.21) 

So this Week went very good, too. As you can see in the Graph I made some Profit. But I learned that I should not play any Super Turbo HUs, because the Variance is very big as you can see at the end of the Graph and I will stick to normal or Double Stack HUs to minimize the Luckfactor.
      I also changed the EP System a little bit because I can play more tournaments than I expected. So now I will get 1 EP for every 20 played tournaments. I hope that I will have a BR of 300$ next week. And I want to post some hands for next week, because I didn't post any so far.
      I also played a 4.40$ MTT and a 2.20$ MTT with my Rakeback money and transfered 2.20$ to a friend so I have no Money from last week left to take shots.
      I guess thats it for that week if anyone has any questions just ask and I hope that I can answer them.

Graph 

Hands 
      none posted so far 
      EP  
      149 Tournaments - 7EP 
      3 Strategy Videos watched and summarized - 6EP 
      Total 13EP 
      BR 
      Starting Bankroll: 208.31$ 
      Winnings: +58.96 
      Rakeback: 4.31$ 
      Also transfered 2.20$ to a friend 
      Total BR: 268.78$ 
      BR without "taking Shot Money": 264.47$ 
      Video 

Bronze
      Very nice blog.

I think its very interesting the BR limits and style changes you have chosen to use.

You will be adept at all things SNGs/MTTs at the top of your ladder which I wish you
      only success in climbing.

I have this blog marked by posting in it so I don't miss anything.
    • Trillium90
      Trillium90
      Silver
      Update: 

So I didn't have much time to play this week and I will probably play not much next week too. So I will give you an Update in 2 Weeks because there is not much to right about this or next week.

-Trillium90
    • Trillium90
      Trillium90
      Silver
      5.22 - 6.13 

Ok time for a Update. I didn't play much lately and lost a little bit. My Bankroll is at 233$ now. My PC crashed so I lost the Hand Historys and can not post a Graph. Also I will not be able to play a lot next week, because I have to make a Presentation for my A-Levels. But after that I will be playing a lot more again.

Also I decided to switch Rooms to get a First Deposit Bonus, I want to try bet365. Did you make any experience with that Room? I heard there are more Fish and the 200% Deposit Bonus are two good reasons to go there for now. I plan on moving 200$ to that Room and still have some left at Full Tilt in case they start a Promotion or Something.

I also found a great Excel Spreadsheet to Control my BRM, I will keep track of my Tournaments in that as well and will post it with my Updates.

Graph 
      n/a 

Hands 
      n/a 

EP  
      I will keep it at 13EP 
      Total 13EP 
      BR 
      Starting Bankroll: 268,78$ 
      Winnings: -35,62$ 
      Total BR: 233.16$ 
      Video 
      This Time two Videos becaus it has been a time. One of them is a good mood song, at least I think so and is good if you have a bad beat ;-)