50/20 player ( small sample size )

Stacks:
      UTG jamesE1986 ($27.71)
      CO Hero ($29.46)
      BTN cg_pewpew ($24.27)
      SB julikate ($29.03)
      BB venec1 ($24.36)

Pre-Flop: ($0.35, 5 players) Hero is CO J:club: J:heart:
      jamesE1986 raises to $0.75, Hero raises to $3, 3 folds, jamesE1986 calls $2.25

Flop: 6:diamond: 5:club: Q:diamond: ($6.35, 2 players)
      jamesE1986 checks, Hero bets $5, jamesE1986 goes all-in $24.71

Can I call this ? I feel like he can have so much air or weak made hands in there but then again I don't have any history/reads with this player and the samplesize of hands on him is small.
  • 4 replies
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      At best he is on flush draw so i think you cannot call this profitably on long term si this is i think clear fold.
    • Zaonce
      Zaonce
      Black
      Here i only call an utg raise with JJ ip , as played standard fold on the c/r
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      Hey!

You can 3b or call pre, it depends on the player. =) If he's bad and will call a lot of crap, 3b. If he's decent and will 4b or fold, just flat ;-)

On the flop: I'd be very inclined to call if I know he's bad, because I often see people doing this with lots of hands weaker than TP, because they think they're "protecting" their 2nd pair or whatever.

On the other hand, he could easily have a bunch of Qx here and when he does, you're pretty much drawing dead. So, without decent reads, you can muck it and be sure you'll get your money back with this guy on the table :D

If you really feel like he's full of it, I don't think calling will ever be too much -EV, But it will never be too much +EV either. It'll have quite a bit of variance in it.

So, all in all, I'd lean towards a fold :)

Cheers
    • Purity
      Purity
      Silver
      Ok tnx, I ended up calling and he showed me QTo..

I think he might have also done it unimproved or with secondpair like u say so I don't really dislike my call but I really don't like variance so I guess next times I will fold :P