This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25 SH - KK with straight

• tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      Villain is defiantly a stations and I haven't really played an big pots against him. I am so confused because stations are only raising with the nuts and I obviously have the 2nd nuts.

$0.10/$0.25 No Limit Holdem
      6 Players

Stacks:
      UTG ($34.77)
      Hero ($44.20)
      CO ($24.90)
      BTN ($31.61)
      SB ($25.10)
      BB ($25.40)

Pre-Flop: ($0.35, 6 players) Hero is UTG+1 K:diamond: K:heart:
      1 fold, Hero raises to $1, 3 folds, BB calls $0.75

Flop: 10:club: A:diamond: Q:heart: ($2.10, 2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1.25, BB calls $1.25

Turn: J:heart: ($4.60, 2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $3.25, BB calls $3.25

River: 4:heart: ($11.10, 2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $7.25, BB goes all-in $19.90, $12.65 to Hero ($31.45)?
  • 2 replies
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      its hard to give him credit but i think i would give it to him. from the way he plays, i strongly expect him to flip over Ax(most probably low kicker).
      he may also turn over a Kxs hands that gives him the straights.
      in any event, i think he is incapable of check raising air or in this scenario anything less than a 2pair, although i doubt sets or 2 pair is in his call open range in BB, and call flop call turn check raise river on such a board further supports the exclusion.
      he may check raise the "2nd nuts" or straights for value.

so in conclusion, he's most probably going to flip over a straights or a flush.

your KhKd against a range Ah9h, Ah8h, Ah7h, Ah6h, Ah5h, Ah4h, Ah3h, Ah2h, K9s-K2s has 34.783% on such a board.

if you call best outcome: tie; worse outcome: lose.
      hence you would need equity of arnd 50% for it to be a +ve EV.
      hence i think its a clear fold.

please advice if you think my advice is wrong! thanks
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      Hey!

This is definitely a fold imo. It seems ridiculous, cause you're getting 3:1. But you're pretty much always beat, or going for a split. More often beat than a split of course :D

If we indeed had as much equity as supey said, it would be an wasy call. But I really doubt his playing Kx like that. Most like he raises the turn.

Is he so much of a station that you can extract that much money on the river from 2 pair? I'd usually bet a lot smaller, like $3 - $4 maximum. But some players will call anything with 2P :f_cool:

Cheers!