THe video bigginers mistakes nL holdem

• SiXAT
      SiXAT
      Bronze
      its is said there that playing too many hands is bad and unprofitable, while on the other hand mentioned that many styles can be profitable( ones that include playing 36s for example) so how can it be a mistake?
  • 3 replies
    • cryoburn
      cryoburn
      Silver
      Hey,

I don't know if I've watched that video. But what I can tell you is both statements are true.

1 - Playing too many hands is bad especially if you're not an experienced player. It is very unprofitable to play marginal hands without very much postflop experience. And even more if you play them out of position. Position is one the most fundamental concepts in poker that everyone talks about but it is only after much time playing that one starts getting a true grasp of its importance.
      Besides, in poker a small mistake can lead to very big ones afterwards. Therefore playing too many hands preflop will make you bleed money postflop.

2 - Suited connectors are very profitable if played in the right spots and situations such as in position and vs players that will pay you off when you hit your draw. But that doesn't mean that you should be playing suited connectors all the time because you'll have to fold most of the time on the flop. But you shouldn't be that much concerned in playing these before you have solid fundamentals of poker well learned.
    • SiXAT
      SiXAT
      Bronze
      Yeh thx man.
      it also depends imean u can play 270 aggressively and if u were folding for the last 20 hands u have a very high folding equity
    • heelia
      heelia
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SiXAT
      Yeh thx man.
      it also depends imean u can play 270 aggressively and if u were folding for the last 20 hands u have a very high folding equity
      But why? ...