This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

How to play AQs from Ep nd Lp?

• 6 replies
    • Huseens
      Huseens
      Bronze
      I am not SNG player but imo you can fold in EP, but you should raise in LP.
    • Mugge88
      Mugge88
      Bronze
      Early in the tour I always fold it in EP and MP, raising it in LP if no other raised before me. Most of the time giving it up if there's a raise in front of me (Well you know these guys pushing any hand in the start of a tour, if it's one of them I call of course and are rarely less than a 60% fav). When the game get's 6-7 handed and blinds have increased a bit (so stacks are ~<25 i start opening from all posistions. I don't treat AQo and AQs much different when playing.
    • lessthanthreee
      lessthanthreee
      Bronze
      early stage. i fold AQ from ep, but raise from MP and later.

you can argue for raising AQ even from ep if it is a tight table.

you should definitely raise from MP
    • pinnryder
      pinnryder
      Bronze
      Originally posted by lessthanthreee
      early stage. i fold AQ from ep, but raise from MP and later.

you can argue for raising AQ even from ep if it is a tight table.

you should definitely raise from MP
      Same here. I always raise when two people left and from MP when everyone is still in but then I play it very cautiously.
      I tend to limp to ealry in the SnG but then only in LP with some limpers befor me and I prefer when it is AQs but then I only continue with 2 pair+ or the nut draw+correct odds...
    • lessthanthreee
      lessthanthreee
      Bronze
      oh and i just want to add i pretty much go broke with TPTK with AQ against most players after raising.

and i would never call a raise with AQ.
    • frzl
      frzl
      Bronze
      i raise it from any position (AQo as well), fold to normal sized 3-bets. and there are some spots where i call it against raises as well