I thought I'd try something new for May since i had been SSSing 5c/10c tables all of april with minor sucess. So I get home after my nightshift (where I studied the BSS articles) and sit down for a session of BSS NL2. I really wanted to play NL4 but there doesnt seem to be many tables on Mansion and I prefer to play 6-9 tables or I end up playing too loose.

In short, I have never run so good. In 1219 hands I picked up Aces 7 times, Kings 11, AK countless, and flopped a set with pocket 5's 5 out of 7 times. So, the session was great, but during it I picked up Kings at 2 tables at the same time, and both times I ran into aces. Both hands were played within 60 seconds of each other with interesting results.

Hand 1

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K, K. UTG2 posts a blind of $0.02. (Comment)
Hero raises to $0.10, UTG1 folds, UTG2 calls $0.08, MP1 raises to $1.00 (All-In), 6 folds, Hero raises to $2.12 (All-In), UTG2 folds.

Flop: ($3.25) 6, Q, 3 (Comment)
Turn: ($3.25) 5 (Comment)
River: ($3.25) 8 (2 players) (Comment)

Final Pot: $3.25

Results follow (highlight to see):
Hero shows a pair of kings (Kc Ks)
MP1 shows a pair of aces (Ac As)

MP1 wins with a pair of aces (Ac As)

Hand 2

Preflop: Hero is SB with K, K (Comment)
UTG calls $0.02, UTG1 calls $0.02, 5 folds, BU calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.08, BB raises to $0.22, 3 folds, Hero raises to $0.64, BB raises to $1.80, Hero raises to $3.06 (All-In), BB calls $1.26.

Flop: ($6.18) 9, K, 2 (Comment)
Turn: ($6.18) T (Comment)
River: ($6.18) 9 (1 players) (Comment)

Final Pot: $6.18

Results follow (highlight to see):
Hero shows a full-house, kings full of nines (Kh Kd)
BB shows two pairs, aces and nines (Ad Ac)

Hero wins with a full-house, kings full of nines (Kh Kd)

Whilst being sick at the sight of seeing 2 consecutive coolers, I almost leaped out of my chair when I flopped the King on the second. Overall it was an interesting session with lots of interesting hands for me to review =) . Its good to be reminded of how fun poker can be!