[NL2-NL10] NL10 TJs Flush

• Trillium90
      Trillium90
      Silver
      Hi,

In this hand i really had problems calling that overbet at the river and I think i might the wrong call, because he could have better flush or full house. So I am pretty sure I made the wrong call there. I am also thinking that I already called to much preflop, but with 4 other players I thought it was ok at that time.

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      UTG1:
      $17.45
      UTG2 (Hero):
      $14.48
      MP1:
      $12.08
      MP2:
      $12.11
      MP3:
      $9.85
      CO:
      $3.53
      BU:
      $3.15
      SB:
      $9.80
      BB:
      $3.57

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with J, T.
      UTG1 calls $0.10, Hero calls $0.10, MP1 folds, MP2 raises to $0.50, MP3 calls $0.50, 4 folds, UTG1 calls $0.40, Hero calls $0.40.

Flop: ($2.15) 9, 5, K (4 players)
      UTG1 checks, Hero checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks.

Turn: ($2.15) 5 (4 players)
      UTG1 checks, Hero bets $1.30, MP2 calls $1.30, MP3 folds, UTG1 folds.

River: ($4.75) 7 (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.00, MP2 raises to $10.31, Hero calls $8.31.

Final Pot: $25.37.

Greetings,
      Trillium90
  • 2 replies
    • DecMate
      DecMate
      Gold
      Preflop: STOP CALLING! Raise it 4x
      Flop: you have a nice hand, gutshot+flush draw but seen as you're not the preflop agressor i don't mind a check/call line.
      Turn: Bet more. You need to protect you're hand, bet bigger, 1.70$
      River: I like you're bet here as a blocker bet, but the reason a blocker bet is called a blocker bet is to get away from you're hand cheaper and get value from worse, if you get raised this should be an easssy fold. He is rarely going to raise worse.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by DecMate
      Preflop: STOP CALLING! Raise it 4x
      Flop: you have a nice hand, gutshot+flush draw but seen as you're not the preflop aggressor i don't mind a check/call line.
      Turn: Bet more. You need to protect you're hand, bet bigger, 1.70$
      River: I like you're bet here as a blocker bet, but the reason a blocker bet is called a blocker bet is to get away from you're hand cheaper and get value from worse, if you get raised this should be an easy fold. He is rarely going to raise worse.
      That sounds good. It's hard for him to be bluffing in that spot, and when he's not bluffing there is no way he jams less than the Qc on that river. It's all relative hand strength, you have the 3rd nuts, but you're still bluff-catching against non-idiotic opponents.

Hope it helps.