[NL2-NL10] 35s SB Flopped Flush

• Trillium90
      Trillium90
      Silver
      Hi,

Here i flopped a bad flush, but i thought it was good the whole time and couldnt fold to his raise at the river. Or should I have?

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      UTG2:
      $10.10
      MP1:
      $6.25
      MP2:
      $13.04
      MP3:
      $3.50
      CO:
      $6.64
      BU:
      $3.81
      SB (Hero):
      $10.00
      BB:
      $9.90

Preflop: Hero is SB with 3, 5.
      MP3 posts deadblind, UTG2 calls $0.10, 2 folds, MP3 checks, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.05, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.4) 2, 4, 7 (4 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $0.20, UTG2 folds, MP3 folds, Hero calls $0.20.

Turn: ($0.8) 9 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.50, BB calls $0.50.

River: ($1.8) 7 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.50, BB raises to $3.60, Hero calls $2.10.

Final Pot: $9.

Greetings,
      trillium90
  • 2 replies
    • DecMate
      DecMate
      Bronze
      Preflop: I don't mind the limp, quite a few players and a nice suited 1 gapper on the small blind.
      Flop: After flopping the flush i would either lead out strong (0.35/0.30) or check raise. There are lots of rag flushs which will outdraw you if you just check call like this, you need to protect you're hand!
      Turn: Raising is good because you're protecting your flush.
      River: I would call here. If he has a higher flush or a boat then so be it, but i would be putting him on a 7 A/K, and the ace being a :heart: which is why he has played it like this.

Hope it helps.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by DecMate
      Preflop: I don't mind the limp, quite a few players and a nice suited 1 gapper on the small blind.
      Flop: After flopping the flush i would either lead out strong (0.35/0.30) or check raise. There are lots of rag flushs which will outdraw you if you just check call like this, you need to protect you're hand!
      Turn: Raising is good because you're protecting your flush.
      River: I would call here. If he has a higher flush or a boat then so be it, but i would be putting him on a 7 A/K, and the ace being a :heart: which is why he has played it like this.

Hope it helps.
      This. Definitely take another line on the flop. As played I'd bet bigger on the turn and I'm likely calling the river as well, if anything just because it's cheap and I could fathom some bad players (wrongly) raising there with 7x.

Hope it helps.