Thanks

• Psderrr
      Psderrr
      Bronze
      Just saying thanks for the starting capital unfortunately for me I lost 6 coin flips and 12 flush draws where I had odds in my favour, however you have given me my taste of poker and for that I thank you for your very helpful service and great staff.
  • 6 replies
    • Atoks
      Atoks
      Bronze
      Fishing for a 2nd starting bankroll are we? :P Honestly though it shouldn't and couldn't have all come down to those 18 showdowns. Get to learning more so, in case u do get some more money for poker, u can take better care for it.
    • Psderrr
      Psderrr
      Bronze
      By no means did it solely come down to those no, I lost some money with a few bad reads.
      Also when I began I didn't know the value of kickers and that cost me a bit.
      Also lost a bit to some really bizarre straights.

Those bad beats really hurt me though and dropped me stakes and I don't know why but I found it harder to play the 1c2c players seemed to play very erratic or ridiculously tight.

At the moment I'm studying a lot of the hand history and thinking of how to really crush tight low limit players for when I put money back into my account.

But yeah I am learning atm although anything I seem to read seems to be geared against rational players, something micro stakes players aren't for a lot of times.
    • Atoks
      Atoks
      Bronze
      A very simple rule to follow on the micros is:
      The looser the player the stronger ur hand should be. Loosen up as ur reads and knowledge of ur opponent change. The key to winning at poker is knowing how to properly interpret the information u gather while playing and use it against those u know best.
    • Psderrr
      Psderrr
      Bronze
      Thanks,
      Yeah I get hand ranges, but how do you deal with people who either just go in with the nuts or play completely randomly so you can't tell if their tight or really put them on any hand?
    • Berzerger
      Berzerger
      Bronze
      There's no simple answer to that, really, you need experience to figure it out yourself. Generally, when playing microstakes you shouldn't be concerned with reads, playing standard ABC game is more than enough to make profit. Don't call down light, don't bluff all-in. Big pots are for big hands, small pots are for small hands.
    • Psderrr
      Psderrr
      Bronze
      Yeah I guess I could have been over thinking a lot of situations and giving people credit for better play.
      Next time I'll try playing a purely ABC game and see how it goes low stakes, thanks bro.