Crash and Burn

• Abhorrence
      Abhorrence
      Silver

Bah this generally happens to me when I play cash games. I do well for the first day or two, then just get obliterated in the long run. Today (Not shown in this graph), was another bad day. :f_frown:

Anyone else have graphs like this?
  • 15 replies
    • ZhiCheng
      ZhiCheng
      Bronze
      I have uncountable amount of 3k hand segments in my lifetime graph where I look like big looser
    • Abhorrence
      Abhorrence
      Silver
      Oh God, now this just happens. I hate poker lmao

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      CO:
      $26.37
      BU:
      $28.01
      SB:
      $10.89
      BB:
      $16.64
      MP2:
      $25.00
      MP3 (Hero):
      $16.23

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with T, Q.
      MP2 folds, Hero raises to $0.75, CO folds, BU raises to $2.60, 2 folds, Hero calls $1.85.

Flop: ($5.55) A, 6, K (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

Turn: ($5.55) 6 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $25.41(All-In), Hero calls $13.63(All-In).

River: ($44.59) 6 (2 players)

Final Pot: $44.59.
      Results follow:

BU shows a full-house, sixs full of aces(A J).
      Hero shows a flush, ace high(T Q).

BU wins with a full-house, sixs full of aces(A J).
    • Atoks
      Atoks
      Bronze
      Howcome u didn't have a full stack at the beginning of that hand? And why on earth did u call the 3Bet? Very unimpressed with the u played this hand.
    • Abhorrence
      Abhorrence
      Silver
      I didn't reload, after about 30 hands. Also I called it because Q10s isn't necessarily a bad hand, plus it was a 3bet. Considering I made a bad raise before him, calling $1.85 with Q10 seemed like it was risk/reward appropriate.

I generally wouldn't have called with that hand in most cases though. Or even raised in MP3.
    • Atoks
      Atoks
      Bronze
      Poker at that level isn't about "generally" playing right. It's about being disciplined and always performing the very best u can or better. In that hand u basically violated every poker rule. There doesn't seem to be anything u could say to justify playing that hand the way u did. Hopefully ur game improves before u lose too much more money.
    • Berzerger
      Berzerger
      Bronze
      QTs can't stand a 3bet, especially out of position. And with the odds you were getting, it wasn't even worth calling with a small pocket pair. Also, bet the turn after he checks the flop. If the board pairs (or triples) on the river, your flush isn't worth much, and villain didn't cbet flop so it's up to you to build the pot, he won't always shove there.
    • Abhorrence
      Abhorrence
      Silver
      I'm not really looking for advice here. If I was I would have asked for it.

However, I stand by how I played the hand post-flop. He essentially did exactly what I wanted him to do.

I can agree I should have folded pre-flop though.
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      I suggesting posting in the hands evalution forum. You shouldn't complain about bad luck when you played the hand truly horrible.

Just the other day i was about to post a hand about how someone hit a 1 outer on me again when i had a set.. But then i realised how badly i had played that hand. And only because i had played it so badly he sucked out on me.
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      rejecting decent advices from people that truly want to help you with nothing to gain is not very polite , also quite stupid since improving your game is going to help you way more than crying about losing 700bbs at cheeseburger stakes
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      lol 100 bucks get over it
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      Ok im going to forget about the fact that hand was played really bad for now....

Your mindset is a big problem. Firstly 3,000 hands is nothing! I dont know if your playing FR or SH? But 10,000hand break even spells are pritty common in SH. They happen in FR from time to time. Your getting obssesed by your results (IMO) and in the long run thats not good. The whole point of poker is "making correct dessisions". I'd recomend you learn a little bit about what varriance actually is and how that works. When you fully understand how that works and you become more of a realist then i would serriously think about having hands reviewd and listening to peoples advice.
    • Abhorrence
      Abhorrence
      Silver
      Originally posted by Hahaownedlolz
      I suggesting posting in the hands evalution forum. You shouldn't complain about bad luck when you played the hand truly horrible.

Just the other day i was about to post a hand about how someone hit a 1 outer on me again when i had a set.. But then i realised how badly i had played that hand. And only because i had played it so badly he sucked out on me.
      Suggestion taken. I actually do plan on doing so in the future because I do want to improve my game.

Originally posted by alejandrosh
      rejecting decent advices from people that truly want to help you with nothing to gain is not very polite , also quite stupid since improving your game is going to help you way more than crying about losing 700bbs at cheeseburger stakes
      I wasn't rejecting their advice, but the thing is we're not in the hand advice section of these forums. Asking for advice is one thing, but getting unwanted advice shoved down your throat in an ignorant manner isn't polite.

Originally posted by ihufa
      lol 100 bucks get over it
      The value of money is subjective. Moot point.

Originally posted by PocketAcesJohn
      Ok im going to forget about the fact that hand was played really bad for now....

Your mindset is a big problem. Firstly 3,000 hands is nothing! I dont know if your playing FR or SH? But 10,000hand break even spells are pritty common in SH. They happen in FR from time to time. Your getting obssesed by your results (IMO) and in the long run thats not good. The whole point of poker is "making correct dessisions". I'd recomend you learn a little bit about what varriance actually is and how that works. When you fully understand how that works and you become more of a realist then i would serriously think about having hands reviewd and listening to peoples advice.
      I already know this. I'm not getting obsessed with my results either. I posted a graph in a "downswing" section of the forums. Showing my short downswing. I understand variance very well actually.

I'm unsure why you're assuming so much from a couple posts.

Also once again I'd like to note that this is a "Downswing Reports" forum section. Meaning people post things like this here. (Maybe not this small of a sample but regardless my point still stands).

Look I'm really not trying to sound like an ignorant noob here, but really guys. If I wanted advice I would ask for it in an advice forum. Which is not what I'm doing in this thread.

Also in all reality you sharks need fish like me. I generate your income remember? :f_cool:
    • mishkagg
      mishkagg
      Bronze
      Lost 5 stacks in 3000 hands due to (most probably) bad play and whining already? Nice mindset, sir!

ps: The QTs hand was played really horrible and I can't see how it belongs in the Downswing section. Maybe it should belong to the Retarded plays section.
    • Abhorrence
      Abhorrence
      Silver
      Originally posted by mishkagg
      Lost 5 stacks in 3000 hands due to (most probably) bad play and whining already? Nice mindset, sir!

ps: The QTs hand was played really horrible and I can't see how it belongs in the Downswing section. Maybe it should belong to the Retarded plays section.
      Whining? I merely made a singular complaint in my original post. Which was pretty lighthearted. Followed up with the QT hand. You're making it sound like I'm completely crushed, raging, and obsessing over those two posts. Far from it.

Furthermore the QT hand I posted doesn't really have much to do with the original topic. Invalid point. Very witty joke too "Retarded plays section".
    • Abe1919
      Abe1919
      Bronze
      I blame Atoks for this arguement.He started it =)