[NL2-NL10] NL5 Rush AKs large pot flush draw

• overson
      overson
      Bronze
      Should I have bet the turn? I don't see any fold equity.
      His bet makes no sense to me.
      I don't play with stats but I checked after and his 3-bet preflop is about 20%.
      It might make sense with AA, KK, JJ, maybe a SC?
      JJ makes the most sense because it completes the 4-straight and he might call the flop raise with that. Any other Jx would fold the flop right?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      MP2:
      $8.75
      MP3 (Hero):
      $13.92
      CO:
      $8.06
      BU:
      $3.79
      SB:
      $27.56
      BB:
      $5.07

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A, K.
      MP2 folds, Hero raises to $0.20, 2 folds, SB raises to $0.65, BB folds, Hero calls $0.45.

Flop: ($1.35) 8, 5, Q (2 players)
      SB bets $1.35, Hero raises to $2.85, SB calls $1.50.

Turn: ($7.05) T (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($7.05) 9 (2 players)
      SB bets $7.05, Hero folds, SB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $7.05.
  • 2 replies
    • Shevtshenko
      Shevtshenko
      Bronze
      Don't minraise on flop. Make a normal raise to something like 4,5$ and get it in if he 3-bets. If he just calls, I would check behind on every blank turn and rethink on river. You want to take the fold equity against JJ, TT, 99 and all random garbage that are still beating you on showdown.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Hard to say, lots of different lines that could be optimal depending on how your villain plays postflop, from just calling the flop to plain shoving over his c-bet. If I don't have any idea what he'll do on various turn cards, I'll usually just shove the flop or raise bigger and call it off, depending on which I think has the most chance of getting him off hands that aren't Qx.

As played assuming the flop pot c-bet is somewhat standard for him, he's at least sometimes giving up on the turn, so I would just jam with our likely very many outs once I get there.

Hope it helps.