This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl2 Sh Jj

• h0m1e
      h0m1e
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BU:
      $2.00
      SB:
      $2.10
      BB:
      $2.15
      MP2 (Hero):
      $1.89
      MP3:
      $0.79
      CO:
      $1.08

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J, J.
      Hero raises to $0.08, MP3 folds, CO calls $0.08, 3 folds.

Flop: ($0.19) 2, A, J (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.10, CO calls $0.10.

Turn: ($0.39) 3 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.20, CO raises to $0.40, Hero raises to $0.80, CO calls $0.40.

River: ($1.99) 4 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.10, CO calls $0.10.

Final Pot: $2.19.
      Results follow:

I had no stats on him, so how should I have better played the flop??He had aces and I had a set,should I have bet more on the flop???The bet on the river was so small because he had 10 cents left in his stack
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

You should always have a plan for your bet sizing. "Ok I have what amounts to the nuts and bad players show up with a lot of Ax hands that they're never looking to fold as well as draws they love to chase, so how do I get all the money in as soon as possible before the draws miss?"

In that spot it's awkward because it's tough to get it in in 2 streets, unless you think he doesn't care about you overbetting, in which case you should just bet ~$0.25 on the flop and jam any turn. Otherwise just bet as close to pot as you think he'll call with draws until you're both all-in.

As played no reason to leave him $0.1 behind on the turn, what if he has spades and he folds the blank rivers? Then you just left behind $0.1 of value. Just shove it in.

Hope it helps.