Sweetlovernr
      Bronze
      1st this insanely played hand from a Full Tilt Reg:
      Why is he capping with this hand???
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.5/$1 Fixed-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with A, A.
      2 folds, Hero raises, MP2 folds, MP3 3-Bets, 4 folds, Hero caps, MP3 calls.

Flop: (9.5 SB) 2, 2, 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets, MP3 raises, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.75 BB) 8 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets, Hero calls.

River: (8.75 BB) 7 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10.75 BB.
      Results follow:

Hero shows two pairs, aces and twos(A A).
      MP3 shows a flush, seven high(3 4).

MP3 wins with a flush, seven high(3 4).

Then I receive 3c4c and remember that ridiculous beat:

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.5/$1 Fixed-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 3, 4.
      2 folds, Hero calls, 4 folds, SB calls, BB checks.

Flop: (3 SB) 2, 2, 5 (3 players)
      SB bets, BB folds, Hero raises, SB 3-Bets, Hero caps, SB calls.

Turn: (5.5 BB) 7 (2 players)
      SB bets, Hero calls.

River: (7.5 BB) 6 (2 players)
      SB bets, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9.5 BB.
      Results follow:

SB shows three of a kind, twos(2 K).
      Hero shows a straight, seven high(3 4).

Hero wins with a straight, seven high(3 4).

Same flop.....
  • 4 replies
    • redskwerl
      redskwerl
      Black
      same hand, same flops.. ftp is rigged

btw he didnt cap in the 1st, you did. and you misplayed both hands postflop
    • Sweetlovernr
      Sweetlovernr
      Bronze
      Thanks for saying all played wrong but how?

1st Hand:

I capped flop as you correctly pointed out. All he did was call my cap - but he did re-raise preflop -with his crap hand (though he seemed to think he was a sure bet - I am an Auditor by profession so see bugs like this in software all the time but thats not what we are talking about).

The flop comes - and he raises my bet. So you would put him on a range of hands - 55+ - now he has raised my bet - so overpairs etc mean nothing to him - Here I put him on a Flush draw or more likely a set/FH (turns out he has a monster). For me to improve I have around 4 outs. I want to get to show down cheap for minimum damage. If there is no flush I will re-raise the river. You would think I am missing out on value not capping the flop and turn as he is not a favourite to get his flush (make him pay etc) but he could have a full house and in fact he has more outs than me about 8 outs if he is on FD.

So my get to showdown cheap is the way I played it - if I had capped things I would have lost alot more. Now you can say I am not psychic, his range, make him pay for his draw etc etc - but my play was the best in the end no? All I had was top pair and he re-raised my flop bet.

2nd Hand - After the previous hand I thought lets have a go....WOW! The same type of Flop! Lets CAP our OESD and see what happens.

yes multi tabling i missed out on the raise on the river- correct a misplay.

Playing Stars and FTP for 3/4 years - Stars seems to have less flopped sets in my mind.
    • Dawnfall26
      Dawnfall26
      Black
      Hi!

For hand evaluation pls try to post in right forum which would be here:

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/forum/board.php?boardid=1383

Also pls just do 1 hand per thread as it is much easier to evaluate

But,lets see:) ...

1)

This is one of the best non-set flops when you hold strong overpair. His range is very strong and would put him on something like AT+,KQ, 55+ where you are huge favourite.
      His flop raise usually means overpair or overcards that will take freecard on the turn(or some KJs with FD cards)
      Therefore...3bet flop and lead the turn you dont want him to take a freecard as you will loose value. If he then raises your turn its probably time to start thinking
      about 55,88 and probably just calldown

2) fold preflop, 34s is a very bad hand and even multiway playes quite badly. As played I would just call his flop 3bet since he shows a made hand(as flop is very dry) which he wont fold and your equity with OESD is no a favourite...so raise/call flop , c/c turn and c/f river when you dont improve
    • MikeyH
      MikeyH
      Bronze
      May I just add that the second flop is in no way like the first flop.

The player has a lot more outs with the flush draw on top of the straight draw. If you look at the odds for this situation, you will see that he expects to be almost 50/50 with anything below KK. So he is usually getting value from the flop raise against most hands. He also gets some fold equity from any AK, AQ hands. This makes a raise worth while in his spot.

Yes his raise pre flop was poor. He got a lucky flop, and made the right move with it.

In the second flop you do not have these odds or fold equity to justify a cap on the flop.