$10.10
      BU:
      $11.51
      SB (Hero):
      $15.47
      BB:
      $19.00

Preflop: Hero is SB with J, J.
      3 folds, BU raises to $0.40, Hero raises to $1.27, BB folds, BU raises to $3.91, Hero calls $2.64.

Flop: ($7.92) Q, 3, 4 (2 players)
      Hero bets $7.92, BU calls $7.60.

Turn: ($23.44) 2 (2 players)

River: ($23.44) 3 (2 players)

Final Pot: $23.44.

Not much hands/knowledge about villain.
      Seemed pretty aggro, was stealing basically all the time.

Previous hand also robbed my BB from SB - so now I wake up with JJ
      in SB vs his button opener.

Is potting him AI on the flop okay in this case or am I usually behind here?
  • 3 replies
    • amplifyd
      amplifyd
      Bronze
      I think I prefer to decide on this hand preflop tbh - either 5bet or fold - hard to decide when Q,K or A falls - but then again you also have a lot invested in the pot. Also I think it is always better to put the last decision on them, rather than yourself - going to force more mistakes in the longterm.

Wether to shove preflop is quite hard imo. His 4bet is rather large and this on its own may swing me towards it being strength rather than a 4bet bluff. Without much history - I think I can fold here. I think JJ is the borderline for me - QQ+, AK I would shove. But then again if I know him to have air in his 4bet range and that his 4bet sizing is pretty standard for him then I would shove.
    • johnbeattie85
      johnbeattie85
      Bronze
      Originally posted by amplifyd
      I think I prefer to decide on this hand preflop tbh - either 5bet or fold - hard to decide when Q,K or A falls - but then again you also have a lot invested in the pot. Also I think it is always better to put the last decision on them, rather than yourself - going to force more mistakes in the longterm.

Wether to shove preflop is quite hard imo. His 4bet is rather large and this on its own may swing me towards it being strength rather than a 4bet bluff. Without much history - I think I can fold here. I think JJ is the borderline for me - QQ+, AK I would shove. But then again if I know him to have air in his 4bet range and that his 4bet sizing is pretty standard for him then I would shove.
      +1

Flop: Assuming 4bet range is loose enough to call, you have to stack off on this flop - since he will have all sorts of bluffs, AK, and possibly lower pairs. You only need 33% equity. I prefer checking to let him shove his busted stuff.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by johnbeattie85
      Originally posted by amplifyd

+1

Flop: Assuming 4bet range is loose enough to call, you have to stack off on this flop - since he will have all sorts of bluffs, AK, and possibly lower pairs. You only need 33% equity. I prefer checking to let him shove his busted stuff.
      +1 :)