This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl2 - Qq

• Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by http://www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is UTG2 with Q, Q (Comment)
      UTG1 raises to $0.08, Hero raises to $0.20, 7 folds, UTG1 raises to $0.44, Hero calls $0.24.

Flop: ($0.91) 2, K, A (2 players) (Comment)
      UTG1 checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($0.91) Q (2 players) (Comment)
      UTG1 bets $0.68, Hero calls $0.68.

River: ($2.27) 7 (2 players) (Comment)
      UTG1 bets $0.88 (All-In), Hero calls $0.88.

Final Pot: $4.03

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows three of a kind, queens (Qs Qd)
      UTG1 shows three of a kind, aces (Ac As)

UTG1 wins with three of a kind, aces (Ac As)

Player stats reported him being tight and I was confident I was behind when he checked the flop then bet the turn and almost certain when he bet the river. I somehow couldn't help calling down. The only hand in his range after the preflop action that I beat is AK, but after the 4-bet is AK really likely? I suppose I could get away from this hand if I bet the flop and he raises me.

I'm new to BSS so any advice would be useful. Also, whether or not my own review of the hand is accurate.
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Well if he's very tight and opening from UTG1 you might want to start by not 3-betting QQ, because it's a fair assumption that when you do indeed get 4-bet you're probably in trouble.

After that it's just a willpower thing. Either you're confident enough in your read to realize you're bluff-catching with 3rd set against a guy who very likely has KK+ and you should just plain fold the turn, or you're not in which case you should just shove the turn and hope he somehow has AK/AQ. Don't call the turn to fold the river when you're pretty sure he'll jam anyway, it won't give you more information to make a decision you already know what's going to happen, so you're just lighting money on fire.

Hope it helps.