This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Possible problems clearing the starting capital

• gabryeld
      gabryeld
      Bronze
      Hi,

Since I have recieved my starting capital, in the last 2 days I played 6 hours/day, even during happy hour, the problem is I have only 73 FTP. With some basic math, I have no chance in hell to get to 1000FTP in 90days.

So, I am in need of advice: What should I do to improve the FTP's I earn?

edit: sorry I meant to write 90 days, but it's a relief knowing it's unlimited thank you...
  • 11 replies
    • malosanmaka
      malosanmaka
      Bronze
      "In order to withdraw your $50 starting capital, you have unlimited time to collect 1,000 Full Tilt Points (FTPs)."

Don't know where you saw the 30 days time limit. Even on other sites i think 90 days is the shortest time limit.

edit: So is it 120 days or unlimited? Not sure, but certainly not 30 -.-
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      You need 1,000 Full Tilt Points (happy hour points don't count). You have 120 days to clear the starting capital.

It can be done easily. I think if you put in about 2h/day in 120 days on average you'll get there.
    • Abhorrence
      Abhorrence
      Bronze
      Multi-tabling 8 tables for 3 hours a day gave me about 1200 points in a week.
    • gabryeld
      gabryeld
      Bronze
      Well now I am confused .. so I do have a time limit in witch I need to achieve 1000 points and that is 120 days?

Since the original post I have played a 1$ sit and go and 1 nl2 cash game(still playing) and made just 10 points.

So in order to clear the capital I have to multitable heavily, I am not comfortable with the idea, since I don't trust myself to play more then 2 tables at once yet...
    • alberts1955
      alberts1955
      Bronze
      well i just got my 1k FTP's. took me about 2weeks :(
      but it's easy toable in 1week
    • SPwoodrose
      SPwoodrose
      Gold
      Originally posted by gabryeld
      Well now I am confused .. so I do have a time limit in witch I need to achieve 1000 points and that is 120 days?

Since the original post I have played a 1$ sit and go and 1 nl2 cash game(still playing) and made just 10 points.

So in order to clear the capital I have to multitable heavily, I am not comfortable with the idea, since I don't trust myself to play more then 2 tables at once yet...
      Don't worry if you're starting out slowly... I was the in the same position, thinking that I'd never reach 1000, but after a while you'll be more confident multi-tabling and maybe even playing higher limits if you boost your bankroll. After that it comes really quick.
    • alberts1955
      alberts1955
      Bronze
      i have 1k FTP but i still can't withdraw cash :(
      wanted to move to pokerstars but can't :/
      any advices?
    • gabryeld
      gabryeld
      Bronze
      Thank you all for your reply's, atm , after 4 days I have 150 FTP's and +3$ (not much I know), but I am proud to say that I am playing better and better and the goal is in 2-3 days to pass the 60 $ mark.
    • webjockeycontact
      webjockeycontact
      Bronze
      Originally posted by gabryeld
      Thank you all for your reply's, atm , after 4 days I have 150 FTP's and +3$ (not much I know), but I am proud to say that I am playing better and better and the goal is in 2-3 days to pass the 60 $ mark.
      How many tables are u playing? Start with 3 tables and add more as you start to feel more comfortable. If you play a taggy style (more likely tagfish at first) it shouldnt be a problem. Since you fold a majority of the hands pre flop its less stressful than many people imagine. Good luck
    • gabryeld
      gabryeld
      Bronze
      +6$ profit this day, bringing my BR to 59$, cards were comeing, flops were hitting I had a marvelous 2 hour session this evening (played 4 tables and I am starting to get used to multitables )

P.S. Where can I see the difference between normal FTP and Happy hour points?+ I would be grateful if someone can post here a method of how I can evaluate my sessions.(graphs,etc.)
    • Joronamo
      Joronamo
      Bronze
      Hello gabryeld,

In order to evaluate your sessions you need a tracking program ie PT3, HEM or elephant. These programs are designed to import hand histories and convert them into a databse for you to analyse graphs and stats. From here you can post graphs and review your sessions. Please note if you are collecting SPs you can obtain a free licence of elephant. Good luck.

Best regards,

Joronamo