This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 FR AKs

• Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      I just won a big hand, but I got button so I decided to stay untill I had big blind.

0,05/0,10 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with K:diamond: , A:diamond:
      UTG+1 calls $0,10, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls $0,10, 2 folds, CO raises to $0,60, Hero raises to $1,80, 3 folds, MP1 calls $1,70, CO folds.

Flop: ($4,45) J:diamond: , 2:heart: , 7:heart: (2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero bets $1,52 (All-In), MP1 folds.

Final Pot: $5,97

Was the raise on the flop smart and the right amount?

I knew that I had to go allin on the flop if somebody called, made me think a bit, but I decided to go for it. This time it paid off, but should I do the same next time?
  • 4 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      If you decide to play AK if pot has been raised, then you did everything right. You have backdoor flush draw+2 over cards and the most important MP1 checked, which means, you might be ahead here. Nice push. I like to play more conservative and fold AK at that spot, because you have already 25+BB and can leave safely at the table.
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi Yoghi!

As Kaitz20 already mentioned: You should leave the table if you have more than 25 BB. Concerning the hand you played: Nice hand! :) I would play it the same. Heads-up you can easily have the best hand and even if not you still have two overcards and a backdoor flushdraw. The pot is too big to fold here.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      I guess there is nothing to add for me on that hand, since everything to mention was already posted. So nice hand. :)
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      Thanks, and I actually meant how was the bet preflop :P

But I know enough :)