[NL2-NL10] NL5Rush TPWK possible bluff?

• overson
      overson
      Bronze
      It looks like he was betting the flush and then bluff-raised the river.
      I'm getting 24% pot odds to catch a busted flush, do you think that is profitable?

Also he could have the 2 or TPTK, possibly a straight draw.
      Because of my hand folding the flop would be the best though?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      MP3:
      $8.13
      CO:
      $4.47
      BU:
      $4.85
      SB:
      $2.24
      BB (Hero):
      $4.77
      MP2:
      $6.07

Preflop: Hero is BB with K, 8.
      MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $0.10, CO calls $0.10, BU folds, SB calls $0.08, Hero calls $0.05.

Flop: ($0.4) 2, K, 2 (4 players)
      SB bets $0.08, Hero calls $0.08, MP3 raises to $0.35, CO folds, SB folds, Hero calls $0.27.

Turn: ($1.18) Q (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $1.00, Hero calls $1.00.

River: ($3.18) 9 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.00, MP3 raises to $6.68, Hero folds, MP3 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $4.18.
  • 3 replies
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I don't think MP3 is messing around all that much when he raises the flop into 4 other players. He also bombed the turn with a huge bet, if he has a draw he doesn't have to bet at all and if he does choose to bet, he doesn't need to make it that big. Personally I'd just call/fold the flop, as played check/fold the turn and as played check/fold the river. Barring reads that he's crazy aggressive I'm pretty sure you can be glad you folded the river.

Hope it helps.
    • overson
      overson
      Bronze
      I wish I folded more, I think its more important to avoid giving value than trying to extract value at my level of understanding.

The aggression is crazy sometimes, getting raised by AK as over cards, draws, and sometimes air. It seems to be about half monsters and half tpgk or worse, although it could just be variance in that situation.

Also I noticed i start going on tilt when I get no cards and have bad luck at the same time.

I'm sure that in certain situations I need to raise/shove more with draws and tptk but because of variance its difficult to know what situations are profitable to do that type of move.
    • wuttehhell
      wuttehhell
      Bronze
      I would have folded to the small blind on the flop.
      You should give them more respect, even though it's micro stakes. SB isn't likely to mess around with 4 players in the hand, when 1 of them had already showd strenght preflop. It's just a TPLK after all. Find a better situation to commit your chips. :spade: