[NL2-NL10] NL10 FR KQs on 3-bet pot.

• izaiasalmeida
      izaiasalmeida
      Bronze
      Hi,

I payed the 3-bet PF thinking on straight or flush mining. On the flop, i realized that vilain could have AK, and I re-raised his bet.

After the shove, all I can do is fold.

This could be lucrative?

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $26,30
      BB:
      $9,78
      MP1:
      $9,90

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with K:diamond: , Q:diamond:
      2 folds, MP1 raises to $0,20, 3 folds, Hero calls $0,15, BB raises to $0,80, MP1 folds, Hero calls $0,60.

Flop: ($1,80) 5:spade: , Q:spade: , 9:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $1,10, Hero raises to $3,00, BB raises to $8,98 (All-In), Hero folds, BB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $7,80
  • 4 replies
    • TetraQuark
      TetraQuark
      Bronze
      Now calling oop with KQs is not really good just because of situations like this, when you get reraised. You are first to act on flop and if your flush or straight don`t hit you really have nothing to go on with.
      If you hit your K or Q you are still in the dark cuz a pretty decent guy on BB (at least it seem to be) still has a range on you, that has you beat most of the time. Even if you do hit your flush or straight on river you usually have hard time to get value from it.

I suggest that you 3bet MP1, because he will just fold to us way to many times and even if he does calls us we cope pretty well with his loose range. If the BB would 4bet you, you just fold.

As played I would bet/fold the flop. Even if the guy is squeezing us he has A :spade: x and K :spade: x in his hand way to many times for us to be making any additional betting on river profitable.
    • izaiasalmeida
      izaiasalmeida
      Bronze
      There are very few times that I do this pré-flop, i thought, and now i see that i was wrong, that this spot could be +EV. Thanks for the valuating...
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I think I also like folding to squeeze or at least then 3-betting myself at the first place
      He won´t fold better hand if you c/r flop, he would shove worse hands (likely any flushdraw, so you can´t really c/r and then fold top pair.
      To me it is c/c flop and evaluate on the turn
    • izaiasalmeida
      izaiasalmeida
      Bronze
      Thank you Kaitz20.