[NL2-NL10] NL10 FR JJ, calling PF bet.

• izaiasalmeida
      izaiasalmeida
      Bronze
      PF I call for setmining. After the flop, I thought that I've the best hand.

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $10,25
      MP3:
      $2,46
      BU:
      $11,55

0,05/0,1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Elephant 0.69 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with J:spade: , J:heart:
      4 folds, MP3 calls $0,10, CO folds, BU raises to $0,45, SB folds, Hero calls $0,35, MP3 folds.

Flop: ($1,05) 4:diamond: , 4:club: , 2:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $1,05, Hero raises to $3,00, BU raises to $10,05, Hero calls $6,80 (All-In), BU gets uncalled bet back.

Turn: ($20,65) 7:heart:
      River: ($20,65) 3:spade: (2 players)

Final Pot: $20,65

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows two pairs, jacks and fours (Js Jh)
      BU shows two pairs, queens and fours (Qh Qs)

BU wins with two pairs, queens and fours (Qh Qs)
  • 4 replies
    • TetraQuark
      TetraQuark
      Bronze
      Yeah nice pref and flop c/r just don`t call a shove because I don`t see a villain who looks prettey reasonable(even though a small samplesize) shoving you here with anything less than JJ+. Maybe TT but that is farfetched and still not profitable from your side.
    • izaiasalmeida
      izaiasalmeida
      Bronze
      Thank you Gregor, i realized that only when the vilain show her queens. ;(
    • johnbeattie85
      johnbeattie85
      Bronze
      I guess check/call flop. The pot bet kind of scares me, I would expect this to be strong quite often. With some bet sizing info, you could prob find a fold.

Check/raise is bad. Having the best hand isn't a reason to raise, you must be ahead of the range that villian calls with. Here, it's going to be hard for BU to put in much money with worse hands if you raise. And even if he does, it's still really thin value considering entire range.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by johnbeattie85
      I guess check/call flop. The pot bet kind of scares me, I would expect this to be strong quite often. With some bet sizing info, you could prob find a fold.

Check/raise is bad. Having the best hand isn't a reason to raise, you must be ahead of the range that villian calls with. Here, it's going to be hard for BU to put in much money with worse hands if you raise. And even if he does, it's still really thin value considering entire range.
      You probably need a decent read to straight check/fold the flop, nothing tells us he wouldn't play a lower overpair exactly like that for "protection" against overcards or something, maybe even straight value figuring you won't fold anything on such a board.

I agree on the rest, unless you know that this guy shows up there with any pair and won't fold any of them to the check/raise, you're usually better off just calling and reevaluating the turn.

Hope it helps.