$13.73
      BB (Hero):
      $16.75
      MP2:
      $12.32
      MP3:
      $8.49

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, Q.
      3 folds, BU raises to $0.40, SB folds, Hero raises to $1.25, BU raises to $3.00, Hero calls $1.75.

Flop: ($6.05) 7, 6, T (2 players)
      Hero bets $13.75, BU calls $7.00.

Turn: ($26.8) 6 (2 players)

River: ($26.8) 9 (2 players)

Final Pot: $26.8.

Results follow:

Hero shows a pair of sixs(As Qh).
      BU shows two pairs, nines and sixs(Kd 9s).

BU wins with two pairs, nines and sixs(Kd 9s).

Opponent is hyperaggro - I do not use HUD or anything at the moment, but if I remember correctly, he was opening button ~100% times for 4bb and cbetting big almost 100% as well

Started 3betting him pf, he started letting go until here he decides to 4bet, so I do not think it has much strength in it and from previous hands he was making horrible calls and paying people off.

So in hindsight shoving on the flop is bad, since I do not have much fold equity I guess :f_biggrin:

But all comments/thoughts welcome - I included the (hidden) results as well so you could take a looksie at what he had and based on that you can draw some conclusions on the type of player that he is and then give advice accordingly whether my play was okay or bad
  • 3 replies
    • Shevtshenko
      Shevtshenko
      Bronze
      Villain is basically never folding out anything better than your AQo. I'd propably ship it pre if I feel he is bluffing enough often or fold if not. Calling 4-bet OOP sucks.

As played, after calling you're definately shipping/calling which ever way you feel you more comfortable. This time you were way ahead.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Just shove it preflop, it's hugely +ev even if he folds and he'll probably even call it off with worse Ax hands as well as pocket pairs we're flipping with, no big deal. If you decide to call a 4-bet you're basically saying that his bluff-4bet range is so wide that you're happy going broke on most flops that are neutral to good for your hand. It's good against certain players but you have to bet prepared to make AQ-high call offs well you call with unpaired hands.

As played check/calling is better than open shoving, we won't get him to fold anything that beats AQ-high and we can certainly get him to desperation jam worse hands.

Hope it helps.
    • StaticMoth
      StaticMoth
      Silver
      Thanks for the replies - calling OOP is bad indeed, but I was a little clueless as to what to do there :f_biggrin:

Folding was out of the question and shipping felt a little overplayin' it for some reason.