[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH - K8s @ BB

• StaticMoth
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      BB (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is BB with K, 8.
      3 folds, SB raises to $0.30, Hero calls $0.20.

Flop: ($0.6) 5, 7, 6 (2 players)
      SB bets $0.30, Hero raises to $0.85, SB calls $0.55.

Turn: ($2.3) Q (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.00, SB calls $1.00.

River: ($4.3) T (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $3.00, SB calls $3.00.

Final Pot: $10.3.

No reads/stats on villain, but didn't seem to be too much of a monkey

3bet pf?
      Raise bigger on the flop?
      Bet bigger on the turn?
      If I were to make a bigger bet on the turn then shove river or better just give up?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg

I'd 3-bet preflop, it's a decent hand to show up with in a 3-bet pot if he calls and I don't think it's strong enough to passively defend against an unknown at a short handed table and show a clear profit unless you really know what you're doing postflop.

As played on the flop I would 3x it, I don't think it's going to make that big of a difference, people don't c-bet those boards very often so chances are he has something already that he's going to call with, so we're just raising for a bit of fold equity and to make him call with weak pair that he'll have to fold later on to further aggression.

On the turn I'd make it $1.8, we have tremendous equity and if we want any chance of making him fold stuff like 78/99 ever we need to show we're serious. If he check/shoves it's gross on that card, we'd likely have to fold since our Kx are probably no good and our straight outs might be tainted as well.

As played on the river it's weird because of your weak turn bet. I think I would bet something like $2, it's enough to get him to fold weak pairs he might have called the flop with as well as other draws that possible beat us somehow. If you don't think he's folding much given how bluffy your line looks, it's fine to give up on it.

Hope it helps.