Table selection tools

• degre
      degre
      Bronze
      I've started looking up for some table selection tools and I've come across a few that could do.

EverestEye
      Everest version of SpadeEye, I've tried to run it, but for some reason it either doesnt interface with my DB and is unable to read the tables, so it just scans the tables and reports no entries.

Was anyone able to make this work and could give me a few hints and tips?
      I wanted to write on their thread on 2+2, but looks like having an answer there is in the range iof possibility of winning the lottery, so I'd rather play the lottery than waste my time there.

Holdem Manager
      I see that there's a table selection tool in HEM which requires to be unlocked separately.

I'm currently the holder of a small-stacked licence on HEM, so that could be an interesting upgrade, has anyone done it and know how it works?

Are there any other table selection tools that I could use?
  • 4 replies
    • nefarious26
      nefarious26
      Bronze
      you dont need to bother with table selection on Everest poker unless its better players your looking to play against
    • degre
      degre
      Bronze
      Yeah... I've been playing a week on NL10 now and seems like you're right. All I'm doing is just avoiding tables with too many shorties, but apart from that even the regs are not too tough but I've spotted a couple of dangerous players, so if I see them both at a table I simply walk away if there are alternatives or join the table if it seems too juicy and tighten a bit my play.

Anyway, a little update.

I was unable to make EverestEye work. Been looking on the web for something, but no practical solution came out, so I simply gave up and unistalled it.

I've then requested the trial for the HEM tool and I've been using it for a couple of days now, I have to say that is brilliant. At the moment I'm using it mainly to filter out tables with too many shorties, but as I'll have more reads about the limit it would surely become a usefull tool :f_grin:

Honestly, they want 30$ for it, I think for what it costs it's a usefull tool.
    • knb22
      knb22
      Gold
      Originally posted by nefarious26
      you dont need to bother with table selection on Everest poker unless its better players your looking to play against
      This. Even at higher limits (up to nl200), you should be fine table selecting based on % of players seeing the flop, which usually is a good indicator of how the table is.

degre, are you talking about the HEM Table Scanner? Isn't that $65?
    • degre
      degre
      Bronze
      Ops... my apologies, I've confused a bit their prices as $30 is the upgrade from the low stakes. Then retails are $45 for the low stake and $65 for full.

I sure wont get it now as mainly I don't have the DB yet to make it usefull at all, but as I'll move up to NL25 I don't see why not investing in it. The low stakes covers up to NL50.