[NL2-NL10] NL2, 35 as BB on a straight draw

• degre
      degre
      Bronze
      I was sure he had some face card with trash by how he limped in, and by how he reacted I've assumed he missed the flop, but I'm not sure of how I've played my part...

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)

Known players:
      BB (Hero):
      $2.00
      MP1:
      $6.38
      MP2:
      $1.42
      MP3:
      $1.57
      CO:
      $0.36
      BU:
      $2.19
      SB:
      $1.96

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3, 5.
      MP1 calls $0.02, MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0.02, 3 folds, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.07) 2, Q, 4 (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.02, MP1 folds, MP3 calls $0.02.

Turn: ($0.11) 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.07, MP3 calls $0.07.

River: ($0.25) 3 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.16, MP3 calls $0.16.

Final Pot: $0.57.
  • 3 replies
    • StaticMoth
      StaticMoth
      Silver
      Bet bigger on the flop or maybe even check/raise him, nobody's going to fold to a minbet, especially on NL2.

On the river I would probably check/fold or maybe check/call a small bet, cause fish like to play any ace rag, so that's definitely in his range and you're very likely beat on the river.

Any A and 6 have you beat
    • degre
      degre
      Bronze
      I should make this comments earlier :D

I've had some reads on the bloke and he was minraising preflop with any Arubbish range and raising with AJ/Q/K, hence here he was most probably limping with a facecard as I've rarely seen him playing anything else, not even connectors...

The minbet on the flop was simply to see if he had the Q or not, as with a point he would have raised, so with his simple call I can say 99% sure it's a Jx/Kx range, maybe he had as lowest a 2/3/4, hence he stayed as he had a low point or was trying to go for the straight.

After the flop... meh... honestly I've put standard size bets just to lure in some money...
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by StaticMoth
      Bet bigger on the flop or maybe even check/raise him, nobody's going to fold to a minbet, especially on NL2.

On the river I would probably check/fold or maybe check/call a small bet, cause fish like to play any ace rage, so that's definitely in his range and you're very likely beat on the river.

Any A and 6 have you beat
      Sounds fine assuming Hero's reads are right about villain never having Qx, otherwise it's still a valuebet/fold on the river.

Kinda reminds me of that:

;)

Hope it helps.