This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl10 Jj

• thorturgutt
      thorturgutt
      Bronze
      villain is 20/15/12.5%3bet 6 hands

this is no big hand or anything, yust need some advice.
      is it best to 5bet and commit myself vs this guy ?, or is folding the best option ?
      thanks

No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) - Hold'em Manager Hand Converter from HandHistoryConverter.com

UTG ($31.65)
      MP ($22.76)
      CO ($22.90)
      Button ($43.04)
      Hero (SB) ($25)
      BB ($40.04)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J:diamond: , J:club:
      3 folds, Button bets $0.85, Hero raises $2.70, 1 fold, Button raises $6.65, 1 fold

Total pot: $5.85
  • 2 replies
    • StaticMoth
      StaticMoth
      Silver
      His stats seem solid (although that is nowhere near to any solid sample size)

But unless you have reason to believe he's a crazy uberaggro - fold it against an unknown decent size 4bet
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Basically the whole "3-bet as a bluff the first time" has dwindled down to the lowest stakes these days and people have been doing it long enough for others to begin fighting that with 4-bets when it happens soon after one of the players joined the table.

Not sure where you play but on FTP I see enough people around at nl25 randomly throwing small 4-bet bluffs the first time you 3-bet resteal on them blinds vs late position, so I wouldn't 3-bet/fold JJ in that spot when he just came at the table.

If for some reason I don't want to 3-bet/5-bet, I'll just call and play postflop, so as not to put myself in a high variance spot where I could make a mistake no matter which option (fold or 5-bet) I choose.

Hope it helps.