[NL2-NL10] Nl10 Jj

• thorturgutt
      thorturgutt
      Bronze
      villain is 20/15/12.5%3bet 6 hands

this is no big hand or anything, yust need some advice.
      is it best to 5bet and commit myself vs this guy ?, or is folding the best option ?
      thanks

No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) - Hold'em Manager Hand Converter from HandHistoryConverter.com

UTG ($31.65)
      MP ($22.76)
      CO ($22.90)
      Button ($43.04)
      Hero (SB) ($25)
      BB ($40.04)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J:diamond: , J:club:
      3 folds, Button bets $0.85, Hero raises $2.70, 1 fold, Button raises $6.65, 1 fold

Total pot: $5.85
  • 2 replies
    • StaticMoth
      StaticMoth
      Silver
      His stats seem solid (although that is nowhere near to any solid sample size)

But unless you have reason to believe he's a crazy uberaggro - fold it against an unknown decent size 4bet
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Basically the whole "3-bet as a bluff the first time" has dwindled down to the lowest stakes these days and people have been doing it long enough for others to begin fighting that with 4-bets when it happens soon after one of the players joined the table.

Not sure where you play but on FTP I see enough people around at nl25 randomly throwing small 4-bet bluffs the first time you 3-bet resteal on them blinds vs late position, so I wouldn't 3-bet/fold JJ in that spot when he just came at the table.

If for some reason I don't want to 3-bet/5-bet, I'll just call and play postflop, so as not to put myself in a high variance spot where I could make a mistake no matter which option (fold or 5-bet) I choose.

Hope it helps.