coaching numbers

• gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Ok I have a question about live coaching participation, so I hope it's ok to post here. Wouldn't want to offend those rather large moderators.

Every now and again we get to enter a freeroll or two via some promotion and there are usually 3 gazillion entries, most of whom haven't got the least clue. These are your call a raise and reraise in the sb with J3...soooted types. We all know [and love] them. :)

So, I have been a P.S. member for a while nowand have learned so much from attending all the coachings I can, be it FL FR/SH; NL SSS/BSS; SnGs or MTTs; as well as OH. I read the forums and watch the vids, but post far too few hands I admit.

These live coachings are given by people who know what they're about, hence I now own the $5 level and play 4 to 6 tables for a profit of about $150 a week. I'm still nowhere good though, much to learn, so keep turning up like a bad penny. :) There are also viewers at these events that help me to, whom I'd also like to thank while I'm here.

This then begs the question; 'Where are all the viewers to the coachings?'

I watched a fantastic coach giving FL SH lessons tonight and I think there were about 26 viewers. WTF? I know I'm naive about these things but I just find it hard to believe is all.

Of course there's the flip side, in that all these 'players' not taking advantage of such events are donating to me (again, I ty). :)

But wouldn't it be awesome if we had 1,000 viewers instead? How much could I learn then?
      I expect it's very complicated and people join for many reasons, etc., etc., but maybe someone could enlighten me? Or am I jsut being a bit dopey again. Sigh.
  • 4 replies
    • Psderrr
      Psderrr
      Bronze
      The fact that the coaching session was FL jumps out to me, are NL as sparsely viewed?
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Yes, sorry, I was talking about micro and low stakes.
      At the last NL10 session I thinkthere were about 35. Not exactly over-subscribed.
    • gormless
      gormless
      Bronze
      The coachings are always the wrong time of day for me.
      I work full time and so play/study in the evenings (obviously occasionally browse the forums when I'm at work, like now ;)

All the the NL BSS coachings at my level seem to be at the time I am on my way home from work.
      I would welcome some evening coachings, say 9pm or 10pm GMT
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      Well few players attend the coachings because people either don't know about them. Or they won't bother when it is, or it's at the wrong time. Or the status is too high.

For example for me.. there is only once coaching for me every week and that is chenny888 sng coaching. exept from that one there isn't a single other bronze sng coaching which is pretty sad..