[NL2-NL10] NL10 - QTo, TP vs GAMBLER

• wowadvisor
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      SB (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q, T.
      3 folds, MP2 calls $0.10, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.05, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.3) J, 5, Q (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.30, BB folds, MP2 calls $0.30.

Turn: ($0.9) K (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.70, MP2 raises to $10.10(All-In), Hero calls $8.90.

River: ($20.6) 9 (2 players)

Final Pot: $20.6.
  • 4 replies
    • StaticMoth
      You're better off folding here even vs a total donk.
      The risk is just not worth it even if you got him beat when the money goes in coz the pot is worthlessly small and he could get lucky or use his image having two pair or better.

Either way, not worth it, just let it go, less variance and frustration/headaches =)
    • TetraQuark
      I think you are better of just check calling here and keeping a small pot with a marginal hand. On turn give up the hand if he is not giving you good pot odds.

As played it may be tempting to call fishes push on turn with OESD + mid pair. But bear in mind that bad players usually play strong combos like this. So u can surely put him on some J :spade: x :spade: K :spade: x :spade: T :spade: x :spade: which are crushing you because they are discounting your outs for your mediocre hand to get better.
    • wowadvisor
      I realise now that I should have just folded and take his money later, but this gambler type of player really likes to bluff all the time, and he just bluffed me 3 times before, so i thought this time i will call for information and maybe even win the pot.

but I guess it doesnt matter how many times he supposbly bluffed me, every hand is a new hand

thank you
    • Kaitz20
      even if he has there just flushdraw he has there decent equity against your pair+oesd.
      But often he has there two pair or at least Kx.
      I don´t like b/c turn and likely I´d just c/c myself and depending on the reads are willing to call him down