$7.56
      BU (Hero):
      $5.41
      SB:
      $5.02
      BB:
      $6.60

Preflop: Hero is BU with 7, 6.
      MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0.05, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.05, SB folds, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.17) 6, Q, J (3 players)
      BB checks, MP2 bets $0.10, Hero raises to $0.30, BB calls $0.30, MP2 calls $0.20.

Turn: ($1.07) 7 (3 players)
      BB bets $0.75, MP2 calls $0.75, Hero raises to $5.06, BB calls $4.31, MP2 calls $2.56(All-In).

River: ($14.5) 5 (3 players)

Final Pot: $14.5.

Results follow:

Hero shows a flush, queen high(7h 6h).
      BB shows two pairs, queens and jacks(Jd Qc).
      MP2 shows a flush, queen high(8h 9h).

MP2 wins with a flush, queen high(8h 9h).

Hi,

i am truly clueless how to play this hand, i think that's why i shoved the turn. I was thinking that i have two pair against a flush draw and a flush draw against a better two pair/set.
      Would there be a better way to play this or is this ok?
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Personally I'd raise preflop with position on the fish, a bigger pot with a very playable hand is fine with me in that situation. I don't mind you limping behind tho, especially if the blinds are also somewhat fishy.

On the flop you certainly don't have to raise but it's a viable option.

On the turn it's possible for both of them to have just top pair or naked draws they'll call it off with, I don't mind your play at all against two unknowns, you just ran into 2 very strong hands this time around. If you don't want to shove you can just overcall but it's going to be pretty hard to play on most rivers, you might have to make some tough folds even when you hit your flush and you'll be sure if your two pairs are good when an overcard that can make better two pairs / straights come.

Hope it helps.