This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

6 Player Pre-Flop?

• shellyd
      shellyd
      Bronze
      Obviously the full ring chart isnt a perfect match for a 6 player FL game.

1. is there any chart for 6 player tables?
      2. how much would a 0.1/0.2 table chart differ from a 0.25/0.5 game chart?

Having a read on you opponents gives me a good idea of the hand range i can play with, but when i want to multitab then this read becomes utterly non-existent.

Advice please!
  • 1 reply
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Hey shellyd!

There is no difference to the charts based on the limits you play. They have been developed so that you play a +EV game when playing these hands in the given positions as you have an equity edge v a TAG range. Of course, the higher the limit the more correctly your opponents will play so the edge becomes less - but at micro limits I wouldn't worry too much about adjusting your ranges and I'd just stick to the charts.

As for short handed (SH) charts (ie 6max games v FR/9-10max), the charts are in this silver article here.

In terms of getting to grips with how loose/tight your opponents are playing whilst multi-tabling, the best way is to use tracking software with a HUD (Heads Up Display. If you want something for free then the PokerStrategy Elephant is a great place to start. If you were after other software, the two most popular options are PokerTracker3 (PT3) and Hold'em Manager (HEM). A quick trip to google will help you find both!

Trust this provides a starting point and good luck with the SH. :f_biggrin: