[NL2-NL10] NL5Rush Flush draw bluff river?

• overson
      overson
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      MP3:
      $17.43
      CO:
      $3.42
      BU:
      $4.00
      SB (Hero):
      $5.00
      BB:
      $11.38
      MP2:
      $1.76

Preflop: Hero is SB with 6, A.
      MP2 calls $0.05, MP3 raises to $0.25, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.23, BB folds, MP2 calls $0.20.

Flop: ($0.8) 9, T, K (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.50, MP2 calls $0.50, MP3 calls $0.50.

Turn: ($2.3) T (3 players)
      Hero bets $1.50, MP2 folds, MP3 calls $1.50.

River: ($5.3) 8 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 checks.

Final Pot: $5.3.

Results follow:

Hero shows a pair of tens(6h Ah).
      MP3 shows two pairs, kings and tens(Kd Qd).

MP3 wins with two pairs, kings and tens(Kd Qd).
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

I'd fold preflop I don't think it's worth it. You'll be out of position for the whole hand and you have no idea what the halfstack MP2 is going to do. He might limp/3bet, he might limp/fold, basically you have no guarantee you'll get to see a multiway pot, which is what you want with a hand like this. A6s isn't really worth calling 5x and putting you into that ugly spot.

As played on the flop I would check. That flop hits a lot of hands, so we don't have much fold equity at all against 2 players, we'd hate for our lead to get raised / shoved on when we have good equity in the pot.

As played on the turn any of them could have made trips, none of them is folding Kx ever. Again I'd check and see what happens, our fold equity is low, we're still out of position against 2 players, our turn bet would be committing against MP2 and it's now a very real possibility that one of them is going to push us off our draw by jamming Tx.

Hope it helps.