This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

SSS NL50 without stats, beatable?

• pablomeza
      pablomeza
      Bronze
      Hello, I have a question for the SSS experts out there whom have grinded the limits. I am currently in the following dilemma:

If I update my Macbook to Leopard, I have access to PokerTracker 3.0 but PokerStars crashes on launch and it is impossible to play on it. If I don't I can play on PokerStars but I am not able to use any stats software.

Now clearly I cannot update and my only chance to keep playing Poker is to use my current MacBook with Tiger OS X. I plan on grinding and abusing bonuses now that I'll be off school soon to be able to afford a new computer since mine is now very outdated and my question is:

I am beating NL25 very comfortably at the moment, and have almost 100 BI's for NL50. Would it be a good idea to move up to NL50 and stick with the basic SHC (since I'm not Gold and Stars account isn't tracked) until I have enough earnings for my new computer or should I stay at NL25 which means it will take longer but at least I'll be sure I'm using a winning strategy?

Any and all opinions are welcome, thanks!
  • 1 reply
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      On Stars 50NL, I think playing with HEM is a must to ensure a higher winrate if not a positive one

But that said you can play without it, just make sure your tableselection is top-notch as a compensation!