Ever have a poker day like this?

• Psderrr
      Psderrr
      Bronze
      So I started the day taking a shot at a higher limit I decided I would risk $7 for two buy in's at 2,5 so that goes fine I double up once then I slowly get whittled as I never hit any draws I got odds for, so I decided to stop when I had lost it on one table. (Players seemed no different perhaps worse so I decide I'll grind right up and try again) I only lost $3.50 should not take too long.

I go back to 1,2's and I just get molested I get sucked out from every angle, I get my money in with the best hand AA he turns trip J's.
      AKs vs 23s he hit's his flush.
      I lose two coin flips of a high pocket pair to Face cards suited which is fair enough they are coin flips.

I try to steal the blind only to be called hit 2pair and bet, he calls right down the line and shows trips or I get re raised this happens three times.
      I hit no draw while my opponents constantly make theirs against the odds.

And the Coup de grâce,
      I double up on one table and I was about to stand up when someone raised to me with I had KK so I throw my money in and he has 23s the flop K45 turn9 river A he hits the straight.

Now I steam as I've lost $20 dollars well $13 since I had considered the $7 lost as soon as I took the shot.

So anyone had a day like this?
  • 17 replies
    • taavi1337
      taavi1337
      Bronze
      yes
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Nope, no one ever lost 20$ in a day
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      That's what BRM is there for.

However good you are, on a turn of a card variance can & will strike.

The only way to make money is (a) take a shot, get very lucky and then stop or (b) step down to a sensible BRM and grind it out properly.

I would always recommend (b) for the win.

Good luck,

Bart
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Yes. Strap yourself in and get ready for a bumpy ride. your gonna get shit loads of these days.

Also how did you manage to risk $7 playing 2, $2.50 games?
    • taavi1337
      taavi1337
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Psderrr
      Now I steam as I've lost $20 dollars
      I wish I would've lost $20 dollars in a day.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Just think Ziigmund lost $1,5 million last month. So what's $20?
    • Trillium90
      Trillium90
      Silver
      Just think Ziigmund lost $1,5 million last month. So what's $20?

Thats a different dimension you cant compare it like that for him 20$ was maybe the same hit to his BR than tha 1,5 Million to Zigmund.
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      Nitty BRM FTW! :D This way even lossing lotzza BI's will only be a small dent in the BR =)
    • Psderrr
      Psderrr
      Bronze
      Originally posted by taavi1337
      Originally posted by Psderrr
      Now I steam as I've lost $20 dollars
      I wish I would've lost $20 dollars in a day.
      Buy in of $3.50 each.

But yeah poker is rough some times, making a /whine thread was therapeutic thanks guys. :P

As for Zigmund losing 1,5 million I think we should stick that on some Live Aid box, fuck you Africans what's a few handfuls of rice Zigmund lost 1,5.

Now accepting performers for ZigAid.
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      zigmund already has zigaids
    • nibbana
      nibbana
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ihufa
      zigmund already has zigaids
      legend
    • Xidjo
      Xidjo
      Bronze
      Yeah, I lost $34 yesterday, now I'm trying to get it back by playing NL2 as I had $16 left... At the moment I'm back to aprox. $21
    • ZexKK
      ZexKK
      Bronze
    • Meemawuk
      Meemawuk
      Bronze
      On wednesday I took a shot at NL10 BSS and lost 2 buy ins almost immediately with like 2nd/3rd nuts, so dropped back down down to NL4 and went on a terrible streak losing 5 more buy ins. Lost $40 so decided to quit and take yesterday off playing 0 and doing nothing relevant to poker.

It irritates me how long its gonna take me to get that $40 back so I can take another shot at NL10. I guess a good few days of grinding 1000+ hands a day based on me not still running bad. I guess its just a phase. On the plus side, i'm still in the green for May since I ran good at the weekend.

Back on the horse!
    • PocketAcesJohn
      PocketAcesJohn
      Bronze
      Shouldnt shot with 2BI. 5BI min, 10BI prefered.
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      lol.. follow BRM.. honestly i play $0,25 sng's and i'm not even surprised anymore when i bust 3 tables in a row with KK vs 38 or AA vs TT.

with like $50 bankroll you can't play NL10.. 5 bad beats and your busted. Even playing NL2 BSS with $50 is bad BRM. You should have atleast 50 buy ins to move up the next level. I personally recommend 100 buy ins..

I was the same as you when i started. $50 from pokerstrategy. i look at the sng's.. $2 sng's ? nah i will win to little. $6 HU sng's HELL YEAH, i got 8 buy ins, that's plenty right? No it's not. And trust me when i tell you, you've seen nothing yet.

I didn't start following some kind of BRM till i had grinded my way up from nothing. I hope you start following BRM because when you really have bad luck like i had last week you will bust your bankroll in 5mins.
    • Naminuk
      Naminuk
      Bronze
      this is just sick man, how can anyone ever lose 20$ in one day insane dude, very ul.